Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Is USA like the city in the Bible that God destroys with fire because there is too much debauchery and sin?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Steph
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Are you referring to what it says in Revelation 18? If so, that opinion is divided. People think Babylon, that great city which will burn, is Rome, Vatican City, Jerusalem, New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles...there are quite a few guesses I've heard.

The US is a great candidate, of course, because it has become like Sodom and Gomorrah, and the country has kicked God out. Then again, most of the world is extremely corrupt.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

No, we're like a country not like .. Not a city. Know if we get destroyed from above by fire it will probably be the result of an "inside job" because no one's big & bad enough a beat us except God --->but he loves us too much because we are the last nation to believe in him. Ha!

• Tony R
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Every city and country in the history of the earth has always had a lot of debauchery and sin. To think it was not this way is naive.

• 4 years ago

God when he destroys this world again will destroy it by fire all of it he is able to destroy and bring in the new Heaven and new Earth and the city of God the New Jerusalem. There is sin everywhere and God will soon destroy all land with fire and dry up the rivers or pollute them unable to drink from but then it will be too late for some to repent. so repent and have a change of mind before it is too late. thanks for the question friend. God bless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I think it's gotten to a point where much of the world would have to be wiped out, if that were the case. Believe me, there are much worse countries out there when it comes to debauchery and sin.

• 4 years ago

I fear it may be so.

Any time a nation thinks it does not need God to be part of it's religious, intellectual, and social, and even political life. The consequences that nation will leave the standards of God's excellence and follow the wisdom of man. His religion is now called secular humanism.

• 4 years ago

There has been so many crimes going around, not just the USA but other countries as well

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I'm very sorry to say this, because I love this land. But the answer is YES.

• 4 years ago

no not all of the usa is like that

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.