Who moved the Delete button?? The Archive button is now where Delete used to be and it's screwing up my workflow.?

This is the aftermath of the Hillary email scandal. Just don't know how long it will take me to get used the delete buttons new location. Every time now I put it in the archive and then go to the archive to delete. I too cannot yet find a reason to use the archive button. It makes no sense when we have a folder system. I won't give up till the miracle happens though. I may find a use. I have had this account for over 20 years now. I don't complain too much since the only cost is looking at ads which by the way my eyes are now immune to. I hope they don't find out or they will move the ads too. The cliches have increased but then subside. Yahoo has been on and off thin ice here but the idea of changing my email with God knows how many people is daunting. So funny how I found this conversation. My, how we complain about everything. American's worst fear = inconvenience.

• Dan S4 years agoReport

Try Ad Blocker plus. It works miracles. https://adblockplus.org/

Like many users, I'm missing the point of this button. I delete mail I don't want on organize the mail I want to keep into folders. I'll get used to the delete button being moved but I cant think of a single reason to use the archive button. With every update Yahoo makes I get 1 step closer to switching to my Gmail account as my primary. I didn't like conversation view and i was extremely frustrated when the search feature wasn't working at all or would only search mail going back a few months (which seems to be resolved now put was a pain for WAY too long), outages and errors have been much more frequent the last few years. Your on thin ice Yahoo.

In 18 years I've eventually deleted just about every email I've received. Thousands beyond number. In that time never archived an email. Not a single one. Ever. Why, then, put the archive button where delete has been since before I can remember? The imbecile responsible has been fired and plans are in place to move the Archive button elsewhere I presume......

• Mario4 years agoReport

You presume wrong, that imbecile is thinking of more ways to wreak havoc with what was once a good email system.

I'll throw my support in with the dissenters. I've been using Yahoo! mail since the early 90s and I love it. Putting the 'archive' button where the 'delete' button has always been and forcing your users to re-train such wired behavior is careless. I was happy with the dialogue bubbles that came up promoting the 'archive' feature and I gladly archived all of the old email in my Inbox. The buttons need to be switched back, though. The default behavior should be to delete, not archive.

• Jason4 years agoReport

yahoo mail didn't arrive until 1997

Seriously. Idiot move. I also have no idea what the purpose of an archive button is when there are folders. I have used Yahoo Mail from the beginning, but after this 'update' and an annoying struggle with adding new contacts (difficult), trying to merge duplicates (also difficult), assigning contacts to groups (which caused an error message every other time), then not being able to email the group with one click, but rather 160 clicks, then Yahoo not letting me send an email to 160 people at once,so all that clicking for nothing, and having to send out in batches (more clicking) I have had it! (planning my high school reunion, thus the group emailing). See ya Yahoo. I'm moving everything over to Gmail like every normal human should. Viva la Google!

Delete Button

You can use Adblock to remove the Archive button and the Archive tab on the left, but you can't move the Delete button back to where it was unless you also block the "Move" button as well.

http://www.emailquestions.com/threads/how-to-remov...

Be careful you don't block the whole bar. It will try to block two elements when you try to block the Archive button, but make sure you do only the archive button and not the other one (multi something, I think). You can use the same method to block the archive section on the left pane as well.

If you accidentally block the entire bar, click on Adblock, Options, Add Your Own Filters tab and remove the one that is not the archive button, then reload the page. I hate that we are forced to resort to this **** because of irresponsible and careless decisions from these businesses.

• That's because you blocked both suggested elements. You're only supposed to block one of them and delete the other so it's not blocked. One is for just the button and the other is for the whole bar.

So, I agree with everyone else! Been archiving just about everything the last several days until I realized today that it isn't the delete button! Ughhh!!! Why the heck would you put it in the delete button spot? Who the heck needs archive anyway?

AGREE 100%. I thought I was losing my mind and I kept archiving things! The delete button should be primary, not way off to the right! What were they thinking. I can't believe I still use Yahoo mail. These people are morons.

• I think they do **** like this because they want people to use their new feature whether you like it or not. That's how it comes off to me. There is no ******* reason that makes any logical sense to move the Delete button and replace it with something else. Just more proof that being rich lowers IQ.

Why is yahoo not getting the point and either removing the archive button completely or moving it to the end and putting the delete button back where it should go. SO ANNOYING!