Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 years ago

Should I see "The Revenant"?

It has an 8.3 rating on IMDB, but it looks like a dark, serious movie, like it could be kind of disturbing...is it? I want to see a movie tonight but not in the mood for something dark.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

It is a dark movie, the times Hugh Glass lived were dark, not as dark as middle ages but dark enough to make you reconsider. It's a long and heavy film. Whether you should see it or not depends on how much you pay for it. If you can see it FOR FREE then you should definitely DO SO. But if you're about to rent it or buy it then you should consider very carefully is this what you're really in a mood to watch right now. Or you should just watch it anyway and stop acting like it's a life or death decision, you gonna waste a couple of bucks and a few hours, you waste those two every day anyway, so what do you got to lose in the end.

• lee4 years agoReport

A few hours of your life, would rather watch a dead donkey be poked at by Jewish ginger kids for 2-3 hours than watch this cr*p again

• 4 years ago

It has an overly long bear mauling scene, and couple other brutal scenes, though outside of the bear scene it's not too bad, but I'll be honest I looked away for part of the bear scene. So if you don't like blood you might want to skip it, or else you may be watching through your fingers a bit. But the cinematography is pretty good, and the overall story is not bad even if it's straight forward.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

just because a movie has a certain rating on a website doesn't mean you'll like it, or have to see it. go see a comedy or pixar type movie if you want a fun movie to watch.

• 4 years ago

It doesn't really suck you in. It feels more like a movie that you get through instead of actually enjoy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The point of the movie is to be serious. You know that already.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Lmao this kid thinks user scores on imdb are actually reliable

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

sure

• 4 years ago

sure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.