Does anyone know anything about rooting an Android?

I would like to root my Android device. I hear it has some cool features and enables you to customize almost everything on your phone. I also know there's a lot of different ways to do it. If possible, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. I checked online but I see many people saying one method will work for one phone but not the other. I have a Motorola phone. If anyone can give me some guidance or post a link that may help me, please do so.

Favorite Answer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=...

(*EASIEST METHOD*)

Make sure you know what you're doing before you root your phone as you may brick your phone while doing this, so I take NO responsibility to the damages done to your phone. Back up all your data before attempting this.

Download the latest version of KingRoot (link above) and install it. Before doing anything else, charge your phone to 100% and get a strong Wi-Fi signal. Once you do that, open up the KingRoot app and go through the little "Welcome" pages. Then just tap the Big Blue button in the middle and set your phone down for about 20 minutes (may take longer, or shorter). If your phone shuts off in the middle of it, don't panic, it should turn on again and resume by itself, but if it goes into a bootloop or doesn't turn on at all, you bricked your phone. Once it's complete, restart your phone and download Root Checker Basic (or SuperSU) and confirm it.

This may not work on your phone but try it.

• Scott

You're going to have to tell us what model you have (not just the make) and what OS version you have loaded.