Does anyone know how long it takes after direct deposit tax refund has been sent by IRS to hit my bank account it was sent on the 3rd?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • LarryB
    Lv 5
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That depends on your bank's policies. For some, it will hit that day, for others, it can take up to 3 business days. Call your bank and ask if they see anything pending and if not, what their policy is re: ACH transfers. Also if you used a tax service and allowed funds to be debited from your refund to pay it, that will delay things a day or two as well.

• Patrick4 years agoReport

Yea cause its shows the deduction amount took off she show me from the preparation site it sent to my account but idk hopefully it hit today

• 4 years ago

When BFS releases the refund it should arrive in your bank within a couple of hours. Your bank's posting procedures will determine when the funds are available to you.

ACH transactions from the US Treasury must be made available by the beginning of the next banking day. However your bank defines what the banking day is. Banks that batch process transactions close the banking day typically at 3:00 PM local time. A deposit arriving after 3:00 PM today (Thursday) would post at 9:00 AM on MONDAY as that is the beginning of the following banking day. Many banks post in real time and those transactions should post within a couple of hours of arrival at the bank.

Source(s): Used to work in the banking industry.
    • Patrick4 years agoReport

IRS had a crash yesterday same day of my deposit

• R P
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

You might see it today. If not, it should be in your account tomorrow (2/5/16). That depends on when your bank runs its ACH from the clearinghouse.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Depends on your bank. Once it's sent, they have to process it, normally done that night overnight

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

it should have been IN your acct on the 3rd - mine was

• Bostonian In MO
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

What happens at your bank is irrelevant to anyone who uses a different bank.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.