Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Why did God create earthquakes, tornadoes, tidal waves and hurricanes? Does he like watching people get destroyed by nature?

And don't tell me he didn't create those things. He created nature, he designed it all!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Why did God create earthquakes, tornadoes, tidal waves and hurricanes? Does he like watching people get destroyed by nature?"

Personally, if such a PIECE OF SIHT GOD existed, like the one portrayed in the BuyBull, he must get a kick out of all the children dying of starvation and disease all over the world, and all the little kids he gives cancer to. That must REALLY give him a chubby. But HEY! Christian quarterbacks kneel in the end-zone and thank jesus for every touchdown they make -- because its REALLY important to god that christian players win their football games. That's what's REALLY important to him! Not starving children!!

The whole concept of cultism, like christianity and all the nonsense portrayed in the BuyBull is Bull-crap!

• 5 years ago

Actually, earthquakes are due to stress being relieved in tetonic plates--nothing to do with a god, tornado's have to do with colder heavier air overrunning a warm front and punching through--no god needed, tidal waves occur when an earthquake at sea deforms the sea floor--no god there either. Hurricanes--giant heat engine and the earths rotation are all that is required--no god needed.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Because it's how planetary systems work.

Just because we humans are on the planet, does not mean the planet must stop all it's systems

Also, humans HAVE all the correct mechanisms to avoid the brunt of earthquakes, tornadoes, tidal waves and hurricanes.

Stay in school kid.

• 5 years ago

You could call it "colateral damage". After all, humanity is largely at war with God, the Creator.

To the extent that humanity is out of kilter with God's covenantal mandates, to that extent is creation out of kilter with humanity. That's the essence of Romans 8:18-22:

"The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that the whole of creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time."

'Collateral damage' fits in nicely with creation being in "bondage to decay". But by the time God is finished, everything will be restored to its original perfection and sinlessness. Nobody will then die or even be injured by those things you mention, for everything on Earth will fulfill its initial creation mandate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

He didn't create those things. Things like that didn't exist in the Garden of Eden.

• o O o
    Lv 6
    5 years ago

Jesus calmed the storm with a word and Jesus was called the second Adam. Maybe if man relied more on God and his power then he would have dominion over all things.

• Symos
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

If you read the Old Testament, you will see that God is a sadistic freak.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

False gods always do this.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Atheist point of view.

Let's say I asked you why you believe in Yahweh, or better yet, how you know Yahweh is real. Lets put up two scenarios.

Scenario 1

"I have experienced Him in church, or have seen miracles, or have witnessed things in my dreams, or can prophesy." Ok. I would, as an atheist, probably believe you. I would believe that you are telling me the truth and truly believe you have experienced these things. I would submit to you two ideas.

1. These things do not require any supernatural involvement. These feelings can be artificially induced in a lab (the god helmet), and your dreams and prophecies could have been coincidences; what is more likely - that the laws of physics have been bent in your favor or that there is a physical explanation for what is happening? Everything you experienced is a result of the neuro-chemical properties of the brain.

But, for the sake of argument, lets say there is no scientific explanation for what is going on. Do you know what that means? It means that we don't know what is going on. It could have been a result of physical, chemical, or biological properties we do not yet understand, you may not remember everything correctly, it could have been aliens or secret technology being tested on you. All we know is that we don't know, and to claim you do know when you don't know is a lie. The moment you introduce "miracles" as a possibility you immediately stall scientific progress; because if it was a miracle, than by definition there is no physical explanation and therefor no scientific explanation and therefor no way to know and therefor no reason to investigate. As soon as you claim "miracle", you prevent the well-being of living things by scientific understanding.

But, for the sake of argument, lets assume that these things could prove the supernatural; which brings us to

2. How do you know there is a god? Lets say you have a vision of a bearded man saying "tomorrow, 9/11/2001, two planes will crash into the world trade cents and others will crash into the pentagon and onto some field." And then you wake up on 9/11/2001 and it happens. That would sure convince me that something is going on.

Now, lets again assume without reason that there is no explanation that does not violate the laws of physics, making the only explanations supernatural. Let us also assume (more reasonably so) that this was not a one in one billion chance coincidence (meaning it would have happened 7 times anyways).

Ask yourself, "What do I know?" You know that

1. You knew the future

2. It was not a coincidence

3. Something supernatural happened

According to this, that is all you know. You don't know whether you received this information from an intelligent being, even if you did you don't know whether that being is all powerful, even if it is you don't know if it created the universe, you don't know its name, you don't know how it came into existence if it did at all, you don't know if or how it played a part in human history and you don't know what its character is like nor what it thinks of our species nor do you know of its plan, and that is all in the assumption that you did receive that information from an intelligent supernatural being.

The only reason you claim to know any of this is because you read it in a book. A fallible translation - fallibly translated hundreds of times by fallible men - of a fallible book written by fallible men claiming to have fallibly interpreted such a being's means of communication. Even I you claim to know it was a God, which you cannot claim to know, you still have no good reason based on evidence to believe anything that is written in that book.

Scenario 2

"Science proves it."

Well sweet hot sweaty bare-dark-skinned sideways damn. I'd love to hear why. But let me provide you with some stuff that debunks common PRATS - Points Refuted A Thousand timeS.

Watch this series: Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJX68ELbAY

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PL126AFB53A6F002CC

PERSONAL INCREDULITY

design, fine tuning, creator

Aronra - Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God Part I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isV9hWXpNjc

Youtube thumbnail

5:39 The Bible fool response, definition of atheist

proof of evolution summary, faith

Aronra - Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God Part II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCbjXDol1Lw

Youtube thumbnail

fine tuning, calculating planets harboring life

10:11 The odds, dealing with personal incredulity

Aronra - Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God Part III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCa0-aah1k

Youtube thumbnail

0:00 time

9:35 first law of thermodynamics, existence of matter, something from nothing

17:30 second law of thermodynamics, evolution, complexity

Aronra - Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God Part IV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99-wZZqOPMw

Youtube thumbnail

irreducible complexity pertaining to evolution

bacterial flagellum

Aronra - Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God Part V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igkUb3RI-KM

Youtube thumbnail

DNA/RNAmake up, junk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.