Anonymous

What do Louisiana Creole people eat?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm of Louisiana Creole descent.

I personally don't like all Creole foods but Gumbo is the most traditional meal and it is good as hell.

Gumbo is a traditional Creole dish from New Orleans with French, Spanish, Native American, African, German, Italian and Caribbean influences. It is a stew based on either seafood (usually shrimp, crabs, with oysters optional) and sausage, or chicken (hen or rooster), alligator, turtle, crawfish and even rabbit. It also may include rabbit, alligator, deer or wild boar instead of just duck. Gumbo is often seasoned with filé, which is dried, ground sassafras leaves, both contain the "Holy Trinity" and are served over rice.

Other foods -

Crawfish

Red beans and rice

Jambalaya

Oxtail Soup

Calas

Eggs Sardou

French Toast

Beignets

Bread Pudding

Peach Cobbler

Rice and gravy

Attachment image
  • 4 years ago

Just come to New Orleans. Louisiana Creole cuisine is all over the place and you can't miss it. In my opinion, they have some quality dishes of standard Louisiana Creole and Cajun food.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Popeye's Chicken

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

All the food mentioned by other answerers, plus stewed tomatoes and okra, shrimp and tomatoes, and a variety of "smothered" meats (sort of like an oniony stew, but with less liquid). Oh, and something called "dirty rice", which is rice cooked with organ meats. (It actually tastes good, but it really does look like someone dropped a bunch of rice outside and then scooped up everything and cooked it!)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Gumbo, shrimp, crawfish, etouffee, red beans and rice, paella, lots of rice, chicken, as a matter of fact, they eat all the things we eat, only the prepare it differently...SPICEY. Oh and those puffy donut things...Beignets!!! Yum. I love Cajun food. My grandmother was a Cajun.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Cajun food

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.