Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 years ago

Why is My Son So Lazy?

Hi! I am a 37 year old father, and I have a laziness problem with my son. He is 10 years old in the fourth grade and I gave him 45 minutes to do 15 chores. I had to go to the grocery store to get us some food, and I told him to get those chores done by the time I got home. He only got 13/15 of the chores done, and I am furious. I spanked him, and I told him when the rest of the family goes to get ice cream, he can't have any. I mean, does this sound unreasonable list of chores to you?

1. Take the bags of trash to the garbage cans at the end if the driveway.

2. Feed little brother and little sisters.

3. Clean the the downstairs Floors with broom and mop.

4. Pray to out lord and saviour Jesus.

5. Shovel snow off the porch.

6. Prepare the table with silverware, plates, and napkins.

7. Give his uncle his pills.

8. Clean his room.

9. Put the little ones toys back in toy box.

10. Call his grandmother to wish her happy birthday.

11. Put sheet over the family portrait to dry it.

12. Help little brothers with homework.

13. Complete his own homework.

14. Charge all electronic devices.

15. Take a shower.

Does this really sound like too much for a bit his age? Why is he so lazy?

• yowsa
    Favorite Answer

Gullible people, lol.

He got 13/15 chores done and you find that lazy? In 45 minutes? That's only 5 minutes per chore maximum. Some things you can't do in less than 5 minutes! You shouldn't have punished him for that, but be proud he got 13/15 in such a small timeframe! Silver if he did maybe only 1-5 chores and blew it off then it would be different, but it's never about quantity, but quality! If it was quality work that's the leeway. To punish a child for that, that makes me furious because the kid did his best and his father may have had a bad day and overreacted for all we know and took it out on his son. Who do you think will take care of you when you are old? Do you think he will want his family to be around you? You need to build a relationship with your son, not destroy it. That's abusive. I just hope your kid is strong enough to be patient and forgiving. I really hope so.

• Jim

15 chores in 45 minutes ... that is 3 minutes per chore ... some of those chores, individually, might take even an adult 30 to 60 minutes.

Even just

4. Pray to out lord and saviour Jesus.

should never be considered a "chore".

Chores are things you don't want to do yourself.

You think he is 'lazy'. Seems his father is expecting him to do the impossible. His father needs education.

Your son sounds like the most unbelievable boy if he managed so many as 13 of the chores. It is totally unreasonable to expect a 10 year old to do all these chores never mind in such a short time as 45 minutes and i would give him icecream for managing to do so many as 13...

• Willie

I am sorry, but you are the lazy one for giving him that many chores.

hes not lazy, he just needs more time

• J

I know people like you and I bet you went to the store for a box of cigars.

• Elroy Jetson
      4 years agoReport

No, he probably forgot to stop and get his beer so he can sit in the recliner, watch sports center, and do nothing to help his family.

Don't be so rough, give him his own time and don't spank him :/

Chill out, and if he needs help, help him.

this message was left by: an0n434

Yes it is unreasonable, you are being too hard on him and need to let up.