promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 years ago

Just got my first period.. What can I expect now in terms of growth etc?

How much can I expect my bra size to increase?

How much taller will I get?

Any other unexpected things you noticed which happened in the years after your first period?

I'm 16 (yes ik verrrry late and lucky lol) and have been through a growth spurt but my breasts are only around an A cup.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It varies from person to person. Your breast might be done growing now or they might keep growing into your ealy 20s.

I got my period right when I turned 15. I wore 34B although my correct size was probably more like 30DD. My breasts grew a couple sizes in my teens and early 20s and at 26 I've about settled in at 30F/FF: http://imgur.com/a/m71Li

• lala4 years agoReport

I just wish I could have boobs now :/ haha

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

First of all, congratulations, I guess. Anyways for me I grew about 1 1/2 - 2 cup sizes. It won't be the same for everyone obviously. I actually just got mine about a year ago, and I'm still growing. I was also a size A. Currently I'm a 34C. Moving on, I am kinda short I guess. I'm 5' 1". I grew about 1 inch, but I'm 13 so I'm still growing. I'm not sure if that was just because of getting my period, or because I'm young and still growing. I noticed more hair growing in your armpits, pubic area, and legs. You're growth all depends on genetics. If your parents are shorter, you might not grow very tall, but vise versa, if your parents are tall, you'll be taller. That also goes for your cup size. If your sister, mom, or aunts have bigger breasts, you probably will too, likewise with smaller breasts. Good luck with everything!! I hope this helped somewhat.

Source(s): One year of experience with having a period.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.