Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 years ago

Why is it that US society wants men to be man-children who are "macho" in name only, and it wants women to be ditzy, slutty, bimbos?

No wonder divorce is going up and more and more millennials are saying they'll never get married now

Favorite Answer

Because they want people to have no direction or purpose in life so they are easily controlled.

Technology and the evil scientists behind it are the villains. There is nothing wrong with technology on the surface, but the control it has taken has destroyed the people who are supposed to guide the future. I'm glad that I'm at an age where I won't be around to see it fall further into decay. It's a lazy generation coming up who have been given everything via their idiot boxes that fit in their hands. Unfortunately, they are too deaf and dumb to see the trap that they've fallen into.

The overall helplessness of young adults is alarming to those of us who were not raised in that way. I have worked at a university for 2 decades, and I have seen a drastic decline in the self-sufficiency of the students over this time. Nobody says to young people now to just get over it, or figure it out yourself...and so now they can't. It's a sad state of affairs.

People who can't manage their own lives are easy targets for an overbearing government that is more than happy to manage your life for you. That's why we have so many government programs that encourage people to never grow up.

• Biff

US Society does NOT wan "man-children" or ditzy bimbos - where do you get that crap from? are you stuck in the 1960's or something?

• ?

It's not just US society it's all over the world. Eastern machoism is even worse and more childlike.

Because it's easier to control idiots. I try not to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but I can't help but think the decline of US public education is intentional.

• .

I don't follow the media. I'm my own man.

Want? Maybe that's what they actually are.

Because we still live in a patriarchy. Those are not things women would want, if we were in charge.