promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Shilo
Lv 7
Shilo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

Solar Energy - good for the economy, or should we stick with the tried and true....oil?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Will
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Solar is fantastic for the economy. On most days about 20% of California's power comes from solar cells, which means less oil coming from the middle east. This in turn causes gas prices to go down, which helps delivery costs to go down, food prices to go down and your electric and heating bills to go down. It's great for everyone except for the fat cat oil companies. So basically everyone except big oil is reaping the benefits of cheaper fuel prices.

• Shilo
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

......except all those companies and investors tied to oil companies; in other words - a lot of people. You provide a good example of how it can be done and how people will benefi. I think it is good for the economy, too, but the adjustment will hurt for awhile.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

There was a time when Uncle Sam was promoting solar energy despite its being about time and a half as expensive as petroleum-based energy sources. That's no longer true, and there are those moving to solar energy on the basis of simple economy. That's a reasonable and good thing. When government tries to fast-track the process, however, it is sure to do the opposite.

This is a phenomenon common to a lot of government programs: We the People often spend a dollar to save a dime.

• 4 years ago

Solar energy is a step in the right direction.

• John W
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

I think my local HIgh school paid 5 million dollars for solar panels telling us they will pay for themselves in 25 years then oil prices dropped so now I bet it will be 50 years to get the money back and lost interest in my opinion

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Solar energy is a pipe dream.

We should stick with oil, coal, and nuclear.

• ...Show all comments
    • TicToc....
      Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

Solar can't sell itself; It needs a government subsidy.
      The market will not support it.
      Sorry but those are the facts.

• 3 years ago

Build Home Solar Power : http://Solar.eudko.com/?mDd

• 4 years ago

The oil that doesn't last forever?

• firewood $50/face $180 full cord

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If the beer you're drinking will destroy mankind, would you start looking for another beer?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.