Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesVolkswagen · 4 years ago

Would my insurance drop me ?

Yooo . I'm 17 with a VW Polo 6r 1.2 tsi . I'm on my parent's insurance but according to the insurance company my car is stock (it's not). I put coilovers , anti-roll bars , exhaust system , remap , new wheels , intake , blow off valve , intercooler. Say I crashed and I made a claim or whatever would they be like "No you didn't tel us about these modifications get fúcked , mate"

Favorite Answer

Hi Simple if you have an accident and the car is not shown as being modified. the insurance guy who would be checking the car at the accident repair shop or at your home address. would notice the modifications and would report it to the insurance company. this would give them the legal right to cancel your claim and report you to the police as having no insurance at the time of the accident. so both your parents would have null and void insurance. as well as you being prosecuted for having no insurance. so a fine or jail would be a possibility.

Not insured. Also unless you are listed as the main driver and the car is your parents it is not insured as that is fronting.

Both you and your parents done for fraud.

Get stopped and the Police their check will show no modifications. They will seize your car and do you and your parents.

Permitting carries the same penalties as driving.

• Bill

If you're worried about that, tell your insurance agent. If you want more coverage, your premiums will go up, unless they increase the deductible.

Yes, modifications like that could be considered grounds to deny you cover.

• alan

insurance does not pay for mods.

lol...yea, your pretty much ****** mate.

just don't get into accidents or have it stolen.

your toast ...110%