What is your overall opinion on Audi vehicles?

The newer models.. Star this question if you own an Audi

• Joseph
    Favorite Answer

One thing I've learnt from audis, to not ignore warning lights. With any other car usually you'll be able to get away with a couple of months before you have to take it in for inspection, with audis however because there is so much electrics and wires, sensors ect in the engine bay, one thing can stuff up a lot of other things, especially if it's an oil leak. As long as you take time to look after them, which is a lot of time.. they will look after you very very well. They have presence on the road, comfortable, strong and well designed to meet every need. Just not designed for DIY purposes, but I guess it's not meant to be some japanese Lego block you can pull apart

I love the designs, the look, the luxury, and the much improved reliability in the last few years. The A7 is an awesome car, as is the A6.

However, the thing that kept me from buying one recently is that they "use" oil at an excessive rate, often as much as a quart every 1000 miles between oil changes. Audi says this is "normal" which is ridiculous. I have owned all Japanese cars, including several Lexus, the last 25 years and have NEVER had to add oil between oil changes -- NEVER. It is NOT normal. It means they don't know how to build precision engines. My god, they are German, they should know, but they don't.

This is not some rumor. Check Consumer Reports magazine or ConsumerRepoirts.org for the report. Also check the Audi owner forums online.

• Mark cyan4 years agoReport

all turbo engines eat oil buddy.. this is normal. idk if you had a turbo engine or not. if you didnt, then it shouldnt eat any oil.. but if you do, then 1-2k miles per quart seems about normal.

AUDI is about the BEST car you can buy or own! IT is sl very closely related to PORSCHE and they wil NEVER EVER RUST! THEY DO HAVE SPECAIL H+NEEDS HOWEVER and RULES to follow! NO VALVOLIEN or PRESTONE ever! AUDI coolant comes from PENTOSIN comany and is called G12 ++. It is NOW violet in color! AUDI OILS uSED must bear the numbers 502/505! MOBIL ONE 0W-40 is ONE of these oils! Teh AUDI OIL CHANGE is good for about ONE FUL YEAR o onger depending on HOW you drive it! AUDI uses the ZF COMPANY to provide steering systems and transmisisions! NOW nearly ALL car companies use ZF TRANNIES and many use ZF steering systems as well! These are TOP NOTCH companies with GREAT HSITORIES and ZZERO defects! I CANNOT TELL YOOU how mush RESPET i have for AUDI CARS! BRAKES are godd for 100k miels at a time! REAR ones about 150 at a time! ALL FLUDISmust be chnged every 100k miles or FIVE or SIX years! PENNZOIL makes an oil for audi ood for a WARRANTY of 15 year or 500k miels! AUDI is NOT afraid to use SUPERB tehchnology! Some wil even steer you AWAY from DEER CROSSINGS! Tehy can SPOT the deer int he woods and get you out of trouble! THAT;s SUPERB ENGINEERING! LOOK AROUND you at OLDER audi cars! Nearly NONE of them have RUST or even FENDER BENDERS! Theya re the PINNCACLE of control, economy, power SAFETY and comfort! This is a RAVE review! teh ONLY people that have issues with the4m are the ones that do NOT read the manual and use the WRONG FLUDIS and WONG OILS! TOTAL ENERGY OIL is SUPERB and RAVENOL is one of the factroy filll oils! It is good for TWO FULL YEARS betwenc hanges! AUDI, BE}MW and BENZ share ALL technolgoies! NOW most DOMESTIC CARS adn even KIA and HYUNDAI use ZF trannies adn steering systems !SAMe for JEEP and CHRYSLER ones as well! If you have ANY issues, keep my e=-mail handy! I nearly WORSHIP them! They canlast LONGER than I will, for sure! NO RUST and one ofthe SAFEST cars you have the pleasure of OWNING! They do NOT fall aprt and NEVER even SQUEAK inside! They were MEANT to be driven hard ont he AUTOBAHN and are SAAFER at 130MPH than other cars are are 85! teh SAMRT ONES wl steer you OUT of trouble with computer aided SONAR and RADAR! YOU GET SO MUCH with them that most other cars are a JOKE! Even teh BRAKE LINES andd HOSES wil never fail! BUT YOU MUST CHANGE THE FLUDIS On time using ONLY AUDI aprroved ones! NO OIL CHANGE CENTERS Unless they KNOW these cars like I DO! BYE NOW!

They are great to drive. I ve owned three and been happy with all of them. My wife s Mercedes is more luxurious, but the Audi S8 is a much better driver s car. BMW s generally are more expensive. All three German brands are pricy to service.

I like them, but they're expensive.

I test-drove a used one back in April.

Poorly designed cars that are not user friendly and mechanics hate them.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Very good.