Tony
Tony asked in SportsOther - Sports · 4 years ago

Skateboard wheel bearing ratings ABEC?

I'm getting a little creative these days. I'm planning on building a sort of skateboard. I'm looking at Razor wheels (or the likes) and see that many of these wheels come with ABEC-9 rated bearings. I've seen ABEC-7 and -11. I know the higher the rating the better the bearing.

This isn't going to get a lot of use, but it will be ridden on the streets. No jumping, no tricks, just an alternative form of transportation that can be picked up and tossed into a trunk.

All I'm interested in learning is these ABEC ratings and what's a "Good" rating. After all, an ABEC-9 might be considered a child's toy.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

ABEC 9 is absolutely enough for simple rolling without jumping and isn't a child's toy at all but like the previous comment recommended, going for a branded set of bearings can be more rewarding. In my personal experience, bones reds bearings are fairly cheap and fantastic quality. I think you'll find that they don't develop resistance as fast as many of the non-branded bearings.

• Tony
      4 years agoReport

Thank you.

I mention Razor simply to describe the sort of wheel I'm looking at. They come with ABEC-9 bearings but I don't know where they're from. They come with the wheels.

Skateboard Bearing Ratings

since most are made in china the ratings mean little .. go with a name like reds ..

• Tony
      4 years agoReport

Thanks. But the question remains; what's a good rating?