Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Did L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology believe in God?

I mean did he believe in God in the sense that Christians or Muslims do or did he believe in the whole reincarnation thing? Seems like Scientology's belief in the afterlife is basically reincarnation.

• Lynne

Here is a direct quote from L.Ron Hubbard on belief in God or the Creator :

“In every man there is a little bit of God, and this little bit is a complete counterpart within itself of the Creator.

“Harmony, love, joy in creation—all these things and more are evidence of this.

“It matters not at all that man chooses to believe or disbelieve.

“In every man, these impulses exist.”

— L. Ron Hubbard

Excerpted from L. Ron Hubbard diary notes circa 1942.

L.Ron Hubbard described the subject of Scientology as :

"the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life. "

It is an applied religious philosophy so has no worship or dogma or beliefs. It is therefore not the same as, and does not "compare with" traditional denominational religions in that way.

Scientology is open to anyone regardless of what they believe or don’t believe since Scientology is not a faith or belief and so does not seek to "convert" or change anyone's beliefs or non beliefs.

In Scientology a truth is only true if it’s true for you, according to your own observation and experience .

Scientology includes the principle of a Supreme Being or the Infinite but does not define, describe or dictate this principle in anyway . In Scientology we simply call this principle; The 8th Dynamic.

Click here for an explanation of the Eight Dynamics of Scientology : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swRZKtiktfQ

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): A Scientologist
  • Art M

It's complicated and subject to individual interpretation. More importantly, it doesn't matter because L Ron Hubbard passed away many years ago, and the Scientology philosophy and religion do not dictate any belief or worship of any particular God or God concept.

Scientology does provide a path for understanding and discovering God, individually, which may be used in conjunction with any other religious practice or belief system.

As with all things in Scientology, choosing to follow this path is entirely a matter of self determination. Any discoveries made or not made belong wholly to the individual, and are not subject to evaluation or interpretation by any other person.

• Fabio

God isn't defined in Scientology, which is great because you can achieve your own personal understanding.

Of course if a person holds a pre-packaged belief, he is free to keep that belief.. there is no conversion required.

He refers to God in many lectures, but Scientology holds that what God is, is up to the individual. No one is told what to believe or not believe.

He missed reading this,but you can - - -

http://www.bibleprobe.com/jesus-is-God.h...

http://bibleprobe.com/365messianicprophe...

https://carm.org/100-truths-about-jesus

STUDY THE BIBLE AND WHAT IT SAYS

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil (trouble): I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 46: 6-10 Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago;

I am God, and there is no other;

I am God, and there is none like me.

I make known the end from the beginning,

from ancient times, what is still to come.

I say, ‘My purpose will stand,

and I will do all that I please.

John 14:29 And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe

Jer 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/...

Pray the following

Dear Lord,

I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you. Amen

Scientologists can be in any religion and believe in any gods they want.

I highly doubt it.

Probably not.

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion." [1]

Who knows.

All we know is that he was a psychopath who wanted money.

• Fabio
      4 years agoReport

Hiding??? That must be what you have read off some cheap rant blog you googled. Fact is he didn't go to hide, but to dedicate his time to write the Mission Earth decalogy, and work into the upper levels of the bridge. He couldn't have done it, if he was bothered by the Church's affairs and people.

All i know.......