isaac asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 years ago

Why do my hands shake?

I am 15 years old and ever since I can remember I have had shaky hands. This isn't a very big problem ,but it is very annoying because it will constantly get in my way when it comes to hand written assignments. I've heard of a problem known as essential tremors ,but i'm not sure if this is what I have because of the lack a severity. My hand will be constantly shaking sometimes more than others but it commonly wont move more than an inch. I was hoping for a diagnosis or perhaps just suggestions. thank you for any answers.

• Arnold
    Favorite Answer

A tremor can be caused by lots of different things, so you really need to see a doctor to be sure.

Because it shakes more when you're moving your hands, though, I would say that essential tremor would be a good guess. It's just a guess without ruling out any of the other things that can cause a tremor.

Possibly your thyroid is out of whack. I would go to the doctor. Do you have other symptoms related to unregulated thyroid perhaps,like coldness? weight gain, irregular periods etc. I am not a doctor but have a fairly good knowledge of medicine. Thyroid can be an easy one to correct but if left untreated it can just unbalance a lot of things in your body.

it could due to malnutrition or Vit B complex deficiency

tell your mom and dad to take you to a doctor