Which version of Sherlock Holmes is your favorite and why: Elementary, Movie version with Robert Downey Jr, , Jeremy Brett or name another.?

Favorite Answer

BBC Sherlock is honestly my favorite. The acting is very good, in my opinion, especially Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock.

I really like Jeremy Brett and he's closest of what I imagine book Holmes would be. Benedict Cumberbatch is also amazing and I believe BBC Sherlock is one of most unique Sherlock Holmes adaptations.

Even though I like Robert Downey Jr. as an actor, I think he wasn't very Holmes-ish. I don't know how to explain XD Same goes with Elementary. It's interesting, but missing something.

I also like Василий Ливанов (Vasiliy Livanov) as Sherlock Holmes :)

• chorle

Sherlock Holmes in the 22 Century so I guess Jason Gray-Stanford. I don't remember who was in any of the Audio Drama version, I think Jeremy Brett but that might just be because he was Sherlock Holmes when I was young similar to how your first The Doctor is your favorite The Doctor.

Personally, I love Robert Downey Jr, and I think he makes a perfect Sherlock. However, the actor cast in Elementary is also impressive and it is a close second.