My boyfriend and I are 3 months into our relationship. He recently informed me there s a possibility he could be a father.?

He told me that years ago he had a one night stand and the girl got pregnant. Was told it was his, and then later told it was not. I feel like he s trying to make this out to be less serious than I think it is. It s a pretty big deal. I don t know what to do. Any advice? I feel like I should have been informed about this a while ago.

• Nancy
    Favorite Answer

I think I would move on, unless you feel you can't really find anyone else for some reason. Maybe you should encourage him by saying "don't you think it's important that you find out if you are the father?" Discuss it with him.

He wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't on his mind.

But...I am sure if he WERE the father, the woman would have pursued him for support money of some sort, don't you think?

I wouldn't be angry that you weren't informed about this months ago. It sounds like it's not true. If he had a disease, then yes, you should have been informed.

Just find out more information about it and then decide what you think you want to do.

• Sara4 years agoReport

Thank you! I brought it up to him again and I think we have it worked out. Only time will tell now.

• Nina

I don't think you should feel any type of way for not being informed sooner. He just didn't bring it up because he genuinely didn't think it was really his. Now that the girl is making a big deal about it and probably trying to get child support he's brought it to your attention. You can't get mad about something he did before y'all are together. I think that you should just tell him that y'all are going to get a blood test on the baby, then go from there. If the baby isn't his then it's just something that y'all can laugh about in the future, but if it is... then he's going to get raped with child support and he'll have to start getting the weekends and whatnot. If it is his baby, it's going to change the dynamics of y'alls relationship and y'all might even end up breaking up. You'll have to learn how to deal his child, which is going to be much different since it's not yours. There'll be issues when you want to whoop the child or treat it a certain way but you cant since it's not yours and you'll have to deal with baby mama drama if shes that type of girl. Personally if it was his baby, I might eventually breakup with him if I were you. I'm 20 and I'm not ready for kids, I don't think I could handle this package from a guy I've been dating for 3 months. But really in the end, it's up to you. So first, get that blood test. Good luck:3

• Sara4 years agoReport

I don't think she's coming after him for child support. I believe she's married and has 4 kids now.

• kelvin

sounds like the two of you should of talked about this long time ago