Is the new movie the revenant worth seeing?

I'm 15 and I do know the movie is rated r but I may go see it with my dad and brother tomorrow because my dad thinks we are both mature enough to handle it and I have heard really good things about it but I'm a bit hesitant on going with them to see it because the movie from what I've heard is at least 2 hours and 32 minutes long and apparently I'm a bit picky on movies being that long because I feel like directors these days can be capable of telling a great story without making their movies extremely long. I'm may just have to go with my dad and brother to see it though because I don't really want them to think I'm picky when it comes to going to see movies or something. So I imagine the movie is going to be pretty good if I give it a chance but is it really worth the time to go and see and does the movie have slow pacing also because I wouldn't want to get really bored during a movie that runs a little over 2 and a half hours. Only answer this question if you have seen the movie please. Thanks!

I just saw the movie today and even though it's a bit long, it's action packed and you don't notice the passage of time. It's a great movie that I'm sure you will like -- from start to finish. Don't miss it on the big screen!

• Greg

I will now bestow upon you my best piece of advice. Your perception about a movie is directly related to your expectations. Not always, but most often. So it is best to be grumpy about every movie you are about to watch. Then you are either correct or happy, but never disappointed.

• Donald

Don't bother. Stay home.

It's supposed to be a superb movie, maybe the best of the year. But if you're going to be so hyper over its length, then you won't enjoy it.

He won an Oscar