Can you share your immune system with someone else?

It seems like a fairly dumb question but I was thinking about it & I realised my friend has quite a weak* immune system & mine is quite strong & I was wondering if there was a way that you could, like, share your immune system with someone to improve theirs? I m not sure how much sense this makes but sensible responses are appreciated, thanks in advance

(*By weak I mean she has a lot of allergies & even things such as colds can lead to really bad infections & hospital visits)

Best Answer

Not in a general sense as you suggest. There are specific instances where that has happened such as with Ebola cases where there is passive immunity transferred to recipients of plasma blood being infused into people in the hopes of saving their lives. If they survive then they in turn will have active immunity rather than passive immunity as they would be producing their own antibodies against Ebola and would not be susceptible to that strain of Ebola in the future and they could also help someone else by giving them antibodies through the passive transfer of plasma transfusion.

For situations that you suggest the better outcome is for making their immunity stronger by classical means of healthy food and rest.

Not like sharing body fluids or by transfusion. There are some weird pro-biotic practices that you might want to learn about. Stimulating an immune system to make antibodies is not a "transfusion" kind of thing

the only way I know to share an immune system is bone marrow transplant, for that she would have to have hers completely killed off with radiation - not a good idea for a non-fatal disease