Why is the Confederate flag considered offensive?

I agree that slavery is definitely not ok. But what is so wrong about the Confederate flag? To me it has become an icon of rebellion in America as opposed to the support of slavery I've heard it made out to be.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The confederate flag may have started by being a symbol of succession, but it was also the brand to show off white power. It is a symbol of a time when white people wanted to keep slavery and not participate with the American belief that all men are created equal. The flag stirs feelings of slavery, discrimination, and hate and thus racism has found its symbol in the confederate flag.

• 5 years ago

It's considered offensive because it stands for mistreatment of African Americans

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

It was never the confederacy's official flag... and it became popular mostly because it was taken up as an emblem of the KKK... It's only rebellious insofar as it is a symbol of racists rebelling against anti-racism

• 5 years ago

The confederacy was created to protect the way of life that was a slave-dependent economy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ken
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Only to idiots. It's part of US history. Just deal with it

• 5 years ago

Because the ENTIRE PURPOSE of the so-called "Confederacy" was to preserve slavery FOREVER. That was what the LEADERS of the rebellion THEMSELVES said at the time - that the SOLE and ENTIRE purpose of their rebellion was slavery.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.