Comic book question. Listed as 'paperback' on Amazon.?

Before you read the details, please have in mind that I have not been reading comic books for long. I just got into the hobby and do not understand the lingo/terms people use. Please correct me if I don't use the right terms!

So my local comic book store does not have the whole series I am reading, so when I got home and finished reading the book I just got, New X-Men Assault on Weapon Plus (collection vol 5), I went onto Amazon for the next book, New X-Men: Planet X (collection vol 6 of the series.) In the listings it only has the options of 'Kindle/comiXology' and 'Paperback.' When Amazon lists it as Paperback, does it actually mean paperback or Trade Paperback? Or is that the same thing?

tl;dr: Amazon is listing a comic book as Paperback. Is this the same thing as 'trade paperback?'

http://www.amazon.com/New-X-Men-Grant-Morrison-Vol...

Favorite Answer

Paperback used to just mean paperback novels, which is a small format, but then came 'tradeback which was slightly larger in the 6x9" size. However now 'paperback' and 'trade' mean pretty much the same thing--that it's not hard cover and can come in almost any size today, and in regards to comics it's generally the LARGE size that graphic novels come out as. So it's that larger format when you're looking at buying comics.

no it is not the same thing

when it comes to text and art they are the same, but Trade Paperbacks are nicer and better looking while regular Paperbacks are just mass produced books/comics

its goes from worst to best

Paperbacks to Trade Paperbacks to Hardcovers

hope this helps

It means a trade paperback.

Paperback and Trade Paperback are the same thing.

"Trade" just means its the same one as would be in shops, and not an online exlcusive or anything like that.