How to become a Foreign Exchange Student?

I am a 15 year old who is hoping to become a foreign exchange student in her second year of college. I've never really been out of my state, so seeing a different culture would be very interesting!

Being only freshman in Highschool, I was wondering what are some things I can do to further my chance of going to Japan and such.

• drip
    Favorite Answer

Foreign Exchange programs are for high school. At the college level you need to see what study aboard programs your college offers. Usually if you are in good standing with your school, you just need to apply and have the funds for a study aboard program. If you went to Japan, the school would be teaching in Japanese. Your text books would be in Japanese.

My daughter did a study aboard program to England. She went for the summer. She took two classes at a university there and was able to travel the area.