Will I get into Michigan State University? IM FREAKING OUT!!?

I have a G.P.A. of 3.834 with multiple Ap courses and Honors classes. I currently attend a private school and is a member of National Honors Society. But recently I submitted my application on October 31st and the only thing that took so long to be updated within the campus portal was my October Act test score which they received on December 15. Two weeks have gone by and they finally updated my application status that my application is still under review due to the large applicant pool and they told me not to send anymore stuff in. They informed me that I'll get a response from them on or before March 31st. WILL I GET DENIED?! I'm freaking out because MSU was my backup school from UofM ... So far a handful of my friends are already accepted and some of my other friends are being deferred until they send in a 7th semester report....but I'm stuck in the middle and Idk what to do. Btw I got a 25 on the ACT which I felt was my weak point.

• Harlan
    Favorite Answer

Listen don't even worry about it you ARE going to get in. I know so many people with GPA's under 3.0 and ACT under 21 that got in. You really don't even have to take the ACT over, Michigan State is not that hard to get in. Admission to Michigan State University is competitive, but there are no minimum requirements. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. MSU strongly encourages a college preparatory curriculum in high school. Students also are advised to apply early in their senior year. and For advance security of your smart phone, you must install Leo Privacy Guard app 3.0, with new simple design.

Your ACT is in the range for MSU, and your GPA is good, so you do have a shot there. But it would be wise to apply to some additional schools as backups, just in case. When you pick backup schools, they should be schools you like, and where your ACT score (since your GPA is fine) is on the high side of their averages.

Perhaps you need to add another backup school in case you don't get into MSU.

Yes you'll get in, stop worrying!