Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Orthodox Jews, would you condemn this rabbi?

There is that rabbi who I think lives in NY and preaches every night hatred against Christians and engages in endless rants against women. His name is Yosef Mizrachi and he's of Iraqi Jewish origin. He often makes insulting misogynistic statements and once said that women whose skirts aren't "long enough" will be burning in hell for "millions of years". He says Torah calls for immoral women to be executed and praised radical islamists for torturing and killing women. I can't remember exact video but his videos and articles exposing him are all over the web. He also glorified ISIS violence against Christians because he claims Christians are "idol-worshipers" in the video that came out right after US Supreme court legalization of same-sex marriage and expresses regret that ISIS hasn't burnt down supreme court yet. He once praised ISIS on facebook as an example of "radical monotheists". He said earthquake in Nepal was God's judgement and expressed joy at destroyed Buddhist temples. He's a very sick guy, but that's not why I posted it. I would like Orthodox Jews here to say: are you ready to condemn this rabbi for a genocidal maniac he is, for all the hatred he preaches on regular basis? What I described isn't even a third of all the hatred he preached.

I know that he doesn't represent mainstream Orthodox Judaism per se. I respect the faith, but this guy is pure evil. Will Orthodox Jews condemn this guy despite him being a rabbi?

• BMCR

"I can't remember exact video but his videos and articles exposing him are all over the web. "

Translation: You don't offer any evidence.

The "go look it up yourself" is lazy.

"I would like Orthodox Jews here to say: are you ready to condemn this rabbi..."

Why? What would be the point? I mean, lets assume, for argument's sake, that he did say what you said. But YOU are some anonymous person on the web. Why should Orthodox Jews condemn him merely to satisfy your demand?

Suppose they did condemn him. Then what?

Suppose they didn't. Then what?

"I know that he doesn't represent mainstream Orthodox Judaism per se."

So, there is your answer. You know he is not representative. So, again, what is the point?

~~~ I do not condemn anyone!

That is not my job!

Neither do I give ear to fools and the insane!

• Lv 7

He is a Haredi Jew, many of them are pretty out there, like those Chasid that thinks their Rebbe is the Messiah waiting to resurrect and be a Orthodox Jesus.