My voice range is E2 to F3. I really want to get my voice to be E1 to C#5, like Avi Kaplin.....what is the fastest way to do that?

I need my voice range to be E1 to C#5

• Tim
    Favorite Answer

There are no exercises that will allow you to get that low. Kaplin and a handful of others though history can do that because they are physical anomalies. The are called oktave basses (spelled with a k), also known as contra-basso. It is one of the rarest voices on the planet and is caused by actual physical deviations from the normal vocal mechanisms. Kaplin's vocal cords are nearly twice the length of the normal male's and the muscles that control them have unique abnormalities as well.

Even your E2 is an unusual note for the basso profundo (the lowest of the 'normal' bass). Only about one in two hundred basses sing that low, and they are still the 'normal' kind of bass.

There's no trick you can practice or surgery you can have performed. Kaplin can do it because he was born with a bizarre voice.

You can (kind of) increase your range, but you can't do it THAT large. With such a small range, maybe your voice isn't designed to sing. Yes, thyroplasty could help with a weak voice but it can't dramatically change it like you want it to.

*facepalms. It is impossible to increase your range super fast, or as fast as you want. Now, providing C4=middle C, your range spans one octave and one note. Now, you should take voice lessons with a teacher who has EXPERIENCE, and knows what he/she is doing. BTW, it might be impossible for you to hit E1, since only very few have that skill.

You don't need to change your voice, you want to. You cannot change your voice. You can learn to use your full range, but you cannot extend your range. Be grateful and learn to use the voice you have.

you can increase your upper range by mixing. The only reason why you cant increase your range is if you already mix. in order to mix you have to do exercises, this will take time. you can do exercises like lip trills(do the the correct way), humming.,...Look it up, you will get more detailed information on the mixed register and how to sing in it.

• peter4 years agoReport

What is mixing and how exactly do I train it?? Can you give me a website or a resourse that I can use to help me

you cannot "change" your natural range. You seem to be wanting to go to a lower octave, and that is just in your genes.

Source(s): 46 yrs stage actor and pro musician