will a 1989 Lincoln Town Car be able to drive in Slovakia?

Hello

Im 16 years old student and I like american cars of past 70s to 80s.My dream car from that age is a 1989 or earlier Lincoln Town Car.I read that this is a good car,comfortable,big,cheap parts and easy to fix.Is that true?Im from Slovakia,Banská Bystrica.I would use it ONLY on summer and weekends as free time car.NO WINTER AND NO SNOW FOR THIS CAR!!!.But the question is would it be able to drive it in Slovakia??

Thanks A Lot for your answers

Bye

Martin

• Am0s
    Favorite Answer

The problem is exporting it from a country nearby, and importing it into your country, unless you can find one in your country to buy. Parts may be hard to find, because older, big American cars are not common in that part of the world. Fuel prices may be bad, because it consumes much - gasoline, petrol, not diesel. Lincoln is prevalent in Europe, so you may get lucky to find one. A Lincoln Continental might be more to your liking.

1980s American cars are nearly worthless in the United States and parts are usually very inexpensive. 1980s American cars consumed large amounts of fuel, were slow, bulky, and not particularly well built, so there is little demand for them. That being said, millions of them are out there, many of which share the same mechanical components. Most of these cars are also easy to work on. I have seen very nice Town Cars for $2000 U.S.

Could you drive it in Slovakia? Probably as long as you can get the import papers filled out, you would be fine. You would have a hard time sourcing some parts and would have to order them from the U.S.

• Bill

You would probably know better than most people if the roads are too narrow or bumpy. A Lincoln is a big car. Do they have trucks or buses where you live? Are there some streets where only smaller cars can drive?

Parts wont be cheap because you aren't in the US. Local parts stores wont carry even routine parts for it. Also, fuel economy is terrible on those old barges, and European fuel prices are much higher than Europe.

But If you can find one, or get one imported and registered, I don't see any reason you can't drive it.

I'm in New Zealand, and some local American car enthusiasts have cars like that that have been imported privately. They aren't used as daily drivers of course, usually weekend cruisers or show cars.

yes,in slovakia are also buses,some trucks but no streets where only small cars can drive.I saw both big and small cars on the streets in Slovakia,where i am living

No.