Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 5 years ago

Why do people complain if someone using a food stamp card decides to buy a few rib eyes, or a few T-bone steaks.?

I grew up in a large family.

When my mother made steak for dinner, it was always round steak cut into pieces and added to noodles.

I was probably at least 26 years old before I had a T-bone steak.

If I eat rib eyes or T-bones, I buy them and grill them myself.

I won't pay a high price at a restaurant for a steak that someone cooks for me.

Did the thought ever cross your mind that maybe these steaks purchased with a food stamp card was a "birthday present request" for a child under the age of 10?

BTW,

I work and pay taxes that support the food card program.

If you want to eat a good steak ocassionally,

I DON'T MIND!

Enjoy!

I would grill and eat deer tenderloins before I would eat a rib eye or a T-Bone steak.

So would you, IF I invited you to one of my get togethers.

Favorite Answer

for those folks who are able to purchase food with a SNAP card, they make the choices they do; most people ( I would guess ) are thoughtful in using those funds, which by the way are not that much, to buy essential items for their families............if some of them choose to buy so called junk food, then that's their right.......I worked for 40 years til I was disabled and we are blessed to be able to get some funds for our SNAP card

What brought this up? It isn't my business what they buy.

My complaints with the whole system is that so many people are running a scam in order to get that support at all. Many of them don't actually qualify, they are committing fraud.

• ?

Cons complaim about anyone eating rib eyes and t-bones because without teeth, most cons can just eat soft foods.