promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 5 years ago

how long does it take for a Social Security Disability investigation to take place how will I know if or when I was investigated?

Update:

Will I have a chance to defend myself also will they cut my check right off this is for a mental disability by the way

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It can take a while. Every agency of our govt. is chronically underfunded and struggling to keep up with its workload because nobody wants to pay taxes. If people go to the Post Office or the DMV and they don't have to wait in line for half an hour, they think the govt. is wasting their tax dollars.

The good thing is that when they finally do approve your case, they pay back-pay. When my wife was found disabled (breast cancer) she got 10 months of back benefits all at once.

Yes, if you're turned down you are entitled to a hearing. There are even law firms now that specialize in disability cases, but I'd avoid them as much as possible.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Free Disability Benefits Evaluation : http://Disability.ohfos.com/?Jtl
  • 5 years ago

Call and ask the nearest office.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.