How do you explain that Donald Trump is more progressive and insightful then Hillary when it comes to Israel?

The one negotiating on American Nobel Energies behalf for Israel's natural gas is Netanyahu's good friend Bill Clinton...the suposedly moderate Clinton's are in cahoots with Netanyahu and his extremely far right regime. she even declared her unconditional support for Israel, while Trump correctly pointed up the fact the lack of peace rests on Israel most of all. Trumps positions on Israel are even left of Bernie Sanders... how do you explain that

I'm an Israeli my self, If I was an American I wouldn't vote for Trump, But totally agree with him on the issue of Israel, we as a country haven't been committed for peace for the last 20 years.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel's never been committed to peace, for one. Second almost every American politician has showed or vowed unconditional support for Israel. Even Trump's recent comments about Israel (and Muslims) have backtracked on any possible criticism he's laid against it previously, saying Israel is never given credit for all the good it has created and strived for. He's also going to meet with Netanyahu when he goes to Israel. But on the other side of Trump's strategy, he's not being progressive when he lays blame at the hands of Israel. You have to remember his campaign is based almost entirely upon appealing to populist nationalist sentiment, and in the west nationalism has always been based in part on antisemitic sentiment. Trump is exploiting that sentiment among the far right same as he's exploiting the current anti-Muslim sentiment throughout the western world.

• it was during the Oslo accords. until the Israeli prime minister was assassinated

• 4 years ago

Trump hates everyone from the Middle East. If he were to be President, he'd cut off and hate Israel so fast it would make your head swim.

• 4 years ago

Trump is far to the left of Hillary and Bernie on lots of issues, not just Israel.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.