Which MMO should I subscribe to?

I either want to buy a subscription for World of Warcraft, DC Universe Online, or Star Wars the Old Republic. Which one do you think I should go with?

Favorite Answer

Having played all of those MMO's, WoW was the only one to ever keep me sticking around for a very long period of time. SWTOR is a lot of fun and has nice story driven content for an MMO. But after getting max level there just wasn't really much to do it felt like. DCUO Fell under the same problem. WoW currently is in it's worst expansion and I still find it's end game content better than the others out there. I'd say give WoW a go, get to max level figure out if you want to PvP, PvE or both.

• opurt

WoW requires you to subscribe to play at all, so if you don't want to keep paying you have to stop playing.

SWTOR has the subscription as optional, so that you can keep playing even after you cancel the sub. You will have some limitations like a low credit cap and less access to repeating content, but all the expansions remain unlocked after you unsubscribe. I currently sub to this one because I've enjoyed playing it, though I have unsubscribed a couple of times when I haven't had the time to play, then renewed again.

I've never played DCUO, so I don't know about that one. I know the subscription is also optional, and that it gives you access to more games than just DCUO, but I don't know what happens if you unsubscribe.

Nobody can really tell you what you'd like best, just give them all a try and go from there, i dont know about the other games but wow is kind of a boring leveling experience or atleast was for me but it gets a lot better at end game, although you'll need to buy the expansions to play, if you're gonna join wow now is the time because the latest expansion is on sale

Actually, I would invest in Elder Scrolls Online. It's the best MMO out there. Everything else is low-quality crap that just sucks your time, money, and soul into it. At least with ESO you actually kind of feel like you're on an adventure, and it's cheaper.

• Timbo

Overall it depends on what you like. I used to play World of Warcraft until they made it ridiculously easy. I lost interest in it because of that. But there is a lot of content to keep you busy in WOW if you never played it at all but going to cost a bit due to the number expansions. It is easy to get hooked on WOW, I played the game for many years since it came out up until right before Cataclysm when I canceled. I went back after release of cataclysm and played for a bit before I canceled again. I messed with the expansion with the Panda for a shorter time before canceling. I haven't tried the last expansion but do have a slight interest in it but not the money to pay for a subscription each month and to buy the expansion.

I enjoyed Star Wars the Old Republic, more so the core game because each class has different story based on the class. You can solo all of the class story, but join groups for Flash points. Pvp is limited most of the planets, so if you are a pvp person, you may be disappointed with SWTOR. They do have battlegrounds for pvp. I love the story telling aspect of it. The expansion for SWTOR have the same story for each of the classes, they did not continue with different story based to the class. May have different dialog but the overall story is the same.

If you go SWTOR, I would say go Subscription for a short time or at last once so that you are not a basic member, and then go free to play. It has its limitation but game is more enjoyable with subscription. I have not played DC Universe, I have no opinion on it.

I would say World of Warcraft cuz thats what i have been playing for a while and it's really funny!

• Dave

I would try any of the following free mmo's

Tera Online: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/tera

Age of Wushu: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/age-of-wushu

LOTRO: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/lotro

Marvel Heroes: http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/marvel-heroes

They are all pretty awesome!

World of warcraft

But be warned: it will steal your time, love, (not money) and soul.

and your social life that you don't have