Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Agree or Disagree? Religious law permits people to take advantage of the USA assisted suicide law in the 5 states that permit it?

Five States with Legal Physician-Assisted Suicide

California, Montana, Oregon, Vermont, & Washington

Favorite Answer

Generally not (religious law tends to based around the belief that God is the only one who is permitted to destroy life, so they say that someone must suffer until God decides to let them die). Religious law is also based around utter obedience rather than common sense.

If we go by "religious law", you can sell your daughters according to the Bible. Or how about Sharia Law? A husband can beat his wife for speaking her mind. That's religious law. The better idea is to get past the archaic rules of ancient cultures and progress to more common-sense civil laws. We do not stone unruly children to death. That is now illegal, a capital crime. As for physician assisted suicide, I hope you never reach the point of being in so much physical pain that you don't want to live, knowing that there is no medication that can help you stop the excruciating pain. If you reach that point, I guarantee that no religious law is going to help.

No THOU SHALL NOT MURDER !!!

STUDY THE BIBLE AND WHAT IT SAYS

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil (trouble): I the LORD do all these things.

Isa 46: 6-10 Remember this, keep it in mind, take it to heart, you rebels. Remember the former things, those of long ago;

I am God, and there is no other;

I am God, and there is none like me.

I make known the end from the beginning,

from ancient times, what is still to come.

I say, ‘My purpose will stand,

and I will do all that I please.

John 14:29 And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe

Jer 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

https://carm.org/100-truths-about-jesus

Jhn 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/...

Pray the following

Dear Lord,

I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you. Amen

• cynic

Against.

• G C

Sadly those states have no value in human life.

Uh.....whose religious law??? christian? Muslim? Jewish? buddhist???