Once you install an SSD does it work on everything you have on your PC?

Just confused as to how the SSD works.

Once I install it and copy my windows files to it, does it automatically run everything? Or say, each time I download something do I have to copy it to the SSD?

Or is it basically anything running on my windows will run through it?

And will I still be able to use my old regular drive as a storage place?

• Dave
    Best Answer

It's a hard drive, and acts just like any other hard drive. It only does what you tell it to do. Are you creating an image of your old C drive and planning to put it on the new SSD, thus replacing your C drive?

• Dave
      4 years agoReport

Awesome, good luck! I noticed a huge jump in performance with my SSD.

• Marvin

Yes and no.

If you have Windows 7 or later, it will work perfectly. If you have XP or Vista you may experience problems after a few months. XP and Vista are not SSD aware, and will not make approprate concessions (TRIM command).

Even old versions of Linux, BSD, and OS-X must be told they are running on a SSD.

It does act the same, but you might have to change a few options in the BIOS to get it to work. I have had to replace about 50 HD with SSD drives and in order from them to work properly I had to change settings. It has been awhile and do not remember the exact setting. You should be able to use your old HD as an external HD.

Source(s): Chat with a PC technician for free www.teckchic.com

SSd drives work the same way as your old hdd except it's completely solid state when you download something it will ask what drive you want to download to and yes still can use your old hdd as well

It's a Winchester drive, and acts a bit like the other Winchester drive. It solely will what you tell it to try and do. ar you making a picture of your recent C drive and attending to place it on the new SSD, therefore exchange your C drive?