Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 years ago

Nintendo s new nfc reader/writer?

I have the new animal crossing happy home designer, and it comes with an amibo card. I have the 3ds xl. Apparently, for the 3ds, you need the nfc reader/writer to activate the amibo card. I saw some pictures on google, but there was people using it without the nfc reader/writer. Im really confused. Please help.

Best Answer

The New 3DS / XL has the NFC reader built in, which is located just underneath the lower screen on the system. This allows the system to utilize Amiibos for various 3DS games (like Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Project S.T.E.A.M., Shovel Knight [This holiday season]) as well as the Amiibo cards with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.

For those who have the Original 3DS / XL, you will need to use the 3DS NFC Reader to provide Amiibo support via the IR port. This was bundled with AC: HHD for an extra $10 (as the game includes an Amiibo card to utilize it), but can be purchased separately for $20.

Hope this clear things up!

• Ryu

The New Nintendo 3DS has the NFC/Amiibo reader built in.

The original 3DS/3DS XL does not.