How do you create a comic book?

I have created multiple superheroes, villains, families, and basically their whole lives. I want to put it into a comic book, but I have only read one comic book and I don't understand how they work. The one I read was 22 pages and started in a random location and ended in a random location. Do they work like T.V shows, that you have to read all of them to understand? I know it's weird that I love superheroes and want to make a few comics even though I haven't read any, but I got into this while watching a movie. Me and my cousin were watching Spiderman and I told him that we should make a superhero ourselves, (like the way Peter Parker was creating his suit and logo) and he liked that idea. We later split up because we wanted different heroes and he says mine are just remakes of other heroes, (they're not, they just have a few similar qualities.) I would ask him how to create a comic, but he doesn't like to talk about the superhero thing because it annoys him. So if anyone understands them, please help me.

Favorite Answer

Ok, so the comic you read was part of a series of issues which is why it didn't make much sense.

How about going to your local library and checking the graphic novel section to see what they carry, many now have comics available for reading. Once you see how one is put together as a stand alone issue you can start with making your own.

It's pretty simple - look at how they lay out the panels, how you stick to generally 20 words or less in each panel, how the story progresses visually, etc.

The libraries also have 'how to make comic' books and graphic novels in their art section, look in the 749.0 section on the shelves.

• G.L.A.D4 years agoReport

Ok, Thank you so much Here is the link to my Pinterest page where I have drawings and Sim's of my characters.
      https://www.pinterest.com/gladcomics/

Yes.

Most modern comics books run in a series, telling a story over multiple issues.

The lowest length for a story is usually six issues, but the larger mainstream comics companies like DC and Marvel will have stories spread over months or years.

• G.L.A.D4 years agoReport

https://www.pinterest.com/gladcomics/