Uncle Larry asked in SportsWrestling · 5 years ago

Can the WWE prevent turning The Dudley Boyz into Chris Jericho?

First they lost to New Day which workd because New Day got a win over a well known team. Now they are part of redeeming The Wyatts which work because The Dudleys are a credible tag team to get a big win over but after getting loss after loss after loss will it meaning annything at all if a year from now when they put over lets say Blake and Murphy? I can't remember the last time Y2J was in a feud you believed he would win.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The main problem with The Dudley Boyz in my opinion is that they don't fit into this WWE era. When they wrestled in their primes during Attitude Era, they competed against numerous tag teams such as The Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, Too Cool, The Holly Cousins, and so forth. Nowadays, hardly any tag teams exist for them to wrestle against. Most of their matches would likely be against The New Day. To prevent The Dudleyz from becoming Chris Jericho, they can form more permanent tag teams and balance them putting over tag teams and winning matches. In other words, they can still book The Dudleyz to be a strong tag team, but have them job to the teams that they want to put over and make look strong as well. To do that though, they need to face a variety of tag teams. They're not required to be full-time jobbers just to put others over. That's a problem with today's booking.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

The Dudley Boyz didn't come back to win titles, WWE brought them back to help put over other teams. If The Dudley's beat the New Day then New Day's momentum would have crashed and burned. They lost to the Wyatt's because the Wyatt Family is probably the biggest faction in WWE right now.

• 5 years ago

That is probably going to happen, they are there to put the tag teams over. I'm glad they didn't just come back and burry all the teams in wwe and won the tag team championships right away, but if the lose all the time then it really doesn't mean anything.

Look at mark henry, wwe wants to call people beating him a major upset just because he is big and a former world champion but he is always booked to lose, we know he is going to lose As soon as we see him, they shouldn't do that to the Dudleys.

• 5 years ago

No, I think they are going to be like Jericho just came back to lose to other teams.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

No. I guess they just came back because there wasn't a lot of tag teams, and just to put people over.

• 5 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.