How do I keep my anger at bay whenever I get frustrated with a video game?

I love video games, but I always had this problem where I get pissed off whenever I play hard games or try to beat hard levels/bosses in games. I don't just get a little frustrated. I get infuriated to the point where I yell, scream, and cuss at the screen. I even ripped up some of my clothes out of frustration. I ripped up a pair of socks when I couldn't beat the stupid poison lizard boss in Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and ripped up some of my t-shirts when I was trying to beat Gore Magala in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The Stone Tower in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask made me go insane. I also would get frustrated with most of the bosses in the Final Fantasy series (especially in FFIII) and I often had grind levels and gil. For some reason it seems like I'm the only one who gets really frustrated with the Final Fantasy and Zelda games. Other games that had me cussing out the screen include 1001 Spikes, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Super Monkey Ball 2, Super Mario Galaxy (does anyone remember those annoying purple coin quests and that God-forsaken minigame where you have to blow up the trash) and the list just goes on and on. I bought a copy of Dark Souls II for the PS3 last year and I haven't played it yet because I KNOW that it's going to make me go insane because of the brutal difficulty. I may have to trade it in. Do you have any tips on how to keep my cool even if a game is beating me up?

Favorite Answer

Well don't worry i do too

But i always say to my self that its just a game and you don't need to get angry or frustrated at it

Just remain calm and don't put your anger on anything, just relax and keep calm

remember its just a game, Games are for entertainment and relaxation

Hope this helps

I'd suggest growing up. Its a video game. If you aren't mature enough to just play the damn game without it having an actual effect on your life maybe you should unplug, go out and live a bit.

This is a good question, and one that has intrigued me for quite a long time.