Mike asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 years ago

Is this what Bernie Sanders' democratic socialism is about?

Repost because liberals kept saying I made the quote up.

"But that was a long time ago. There is zero evidence he believes that now". Yet, he is arguing for wealth redistribution through increased taxation because Congress will not join him in passing a law limiting how much Americans can earn. That should tell you all you need to know about him lol.

Favorite Answer

That's our boy, born and raised in Brooklyn, and well-schooled in far-leftwing ideology by Soviet-trained ideologues.

I wonder how our liberal friends FEEL knowing that Brooklyn Boy couldn't get elected dog catcher in 99% of the towns and cities in America. Boy is a...L-O-S-E-R. Hail, he ain't even a Democrat! lol

• ioerr

to repeat what I said earlier, when you asked about that "nobody should earn more than a million" quote, which is all your post is really about,

actually I would prefer an economic restriction like that over minimum wage requirements, if they ever got excessive.

I'm sure such a thing could never be implemented, and that bernie will not be elected, but I find it pretty much impossible to imagine anyone could be literally inconvenienced by it

and if you're going to be fair to good old bernie (which of course you are not), you should probably at least bother to mention that he said this... in 1974.

I'd be very surprised if he was still standing by it now. But feel free to find a more recent quote. which your attached gif there, is not

• Mike4 years agoReport

You want the US will divide its GDP for Americans? Just stop. You are embarassing yourself.

Setting salaries is problematic. Progressive taxation is the only practical way it can be done in a free market economy. Bernie now agrees.

• EdWinter
      4 years agoReport

Boy, you guys hold onto your dreams like they're the last meal you're ever gonna have, don'tcha, liberal?