Not serious enough to see a doctor, so please, just opinions, please?

I'm 51 and have arthritis in knees, spine. hip, and fingers. Until recently, this has been normal expected pain that responds to NSAIDS and rest. Lately, say a week or so, the pain is sharp and I am getting very painful spasms in my thighs, toes, and ankles and the pain is much more acute. It is also non-responsive to normal NSAIDS but responds well to prescription NSAIDS. I suspect it could be the shoes I am wearing causing this, since my fingers are not effected. There also seems to be an intermittent fever. thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Your spinal arthritis may have progressed to spinal stenosis in which the canal down the backbone through which the sciatic nerve passes gets more narrow and presses into the sciatic nerve. This can cause the new pain you're reporting--often a burning sensation, if that rings a bell. Please click this link for more information about sciatica (a series of very brief webpages):

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scia...

(I'm sorry--earlier I had a paragraph here cautioning you about using prescription painkillers that are *opiates*--such as hydrocodone--not reading your question carefully enough to know you were mentioning using prescription NSAIDs. While they're not 100% safe, of course, as all drugs have potentially serious side effects--NSAIDs, prescription or over-the-counter, can cause heart, kidney, liver, or stomach problems, for example, nonetheless, they do not have the potential issues of tolerance and dependence that opiates have. So I removed that paragraph from my answer. Sorry for the confusion.)

It is possible something else is causing your pain--I wonder if you might have shingles--since you mention the intermittent--and I presume low-grade--fever (because usually intermittent fever is low-grade). If that has just been going on for a few days or weeks, it may represent a separate problem like your body fighting off an infection, and going to the doctor wouldn't advance the ball faster than waiting for your immunity system to drive the bug out--it may be a virus that antibiotics won't help. But if this continues more than a couple of weeks or so with low-grade fever, or even if it's just been a few days but it's spiking high as in 102 F, I agree that you may want to get it checked by a doctor. Intermittent problems can be difficult to track down, but sometimes intermittent fever can represent something serious that needs care, like pneumonia or another issue.

Wishing you good luck, great care, and pain relief soon.

If you intend to decrease the suffering of neuropathy absolutely and forever, remove persistent nerve pain and get your freedom back then this https://tr.im/BnWdM could be the book for you.

The Neuropathy Solution can be an book wherever your find 6 techniques for fighting neuropathy, 6 ‘home cures ', each having a dedicated section and the particular treatment of neuropathy includes a devote section of about 40 pages.

The entire book can be study in a day, which can be good so you can get right down to activity sooner and ultimately you are able to benefit from the everyday activities.

Neuropathy is really a painful condition but with the guide of Dr. Randall Labrum, Neuropathy Solution, a guide you will discover here https://tr.im/L7i6w you are able to eliminate thermosetting suffering this condition trigger it.

In the event that you follow all the procedure solutions presented in Neuropathy Solution book effectively your brain can launch hormones, or “pleased chemicals”, and these will help you counteract suffering and reduce stress.

The Neuropathy Solution does not have an excessive amount of theory, only of good use advice as you are able to set to perform immediately.

• Tavy

I have arthritis and 2 knee replacements and various areas of arthritis. Whenever I am coming down with a cold I know before I sneeze, as all my joints hurt. They also hurt when the weather changes or before rain. I am on Naproxin, but when very sore I take paracetamol as well.

I think it is just the way we are unfortunately.

UK

Fever should be assessed by MD. If you think it is the shoes get a different pair and see if it makes a difference.