Caitlin asked in PetsCats · 4 years ago

Is my new kitten sick!?

I recently got a new kitten about five days ago and he is very social and purrs a lot but he doesn't want to play, he sleeps all the time, has a cold dry nose, hasn't eaten since I got him, and he has diarrhea. I have tried many different cat foods, both wet and dry,and even the one the previous owner used but he still won't eat. I am starting to get very worried about him and he has already been fixed and treated for worms and the vet estimated him to be 8-10 weeks and he is very skinny and I can feel his spine and ribs very easily when I pet him. Please help!!

My kitten had feline leukemia and there was nothing they could do and recommend I put him down. Thank you for your helpful answers.

• J C
    Favorite Answer

Yes, he is sick, and getting very sick. He is likely dehydrated by now, and unless you get him to the emergency vet, you're going to have a dead kitten very soon.

• J C
      4 years agoReport

You do not have the luxury of time here. The longer you wait, the more dehydrated he's going to get. And worming a dehydrated cat is a terrible idea.

• PR

Get your kitten to the vet right away. He could die from having not eaten for that period of time. Additionally, you have stated in another question that he was neutered, and he may have an infection. Get baby to the vet immediately. Keep in mind that if a cat/kitten does ANY of the following, a vet visit is needed: too sleepy, not eating, vomiting, not playing like normal, not acting like himself, diarrhea, etc. More than one of these means the cat is almost certainly sick.

• kelvin

give the cat time to get used to the new surroundings