Louis
Louis asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

Protesting is a constitutional right that is frequently used by people of all political persuasions?

True. even though it is your right, it can be difficult to assert. At times those who most boast about believing in the Constitution are the first ones to fight against your right to protest. Paradoxically, they think of themselves as "patriots" while they chide you and discourage you from asserting your rights.

It was just a week before the invasion of Iraq, in a small town. About 9 or ten of us protested the upcoming war, standing at the entrance to a Junior College with our signs. It was the ugliest face of America I had ever seen. People driving by were calling us "unAmerican" and asking us to leave this country if we didn't like it. I was a veteran and those chiding me had never served, but they acted like I was the one not supporting his country. It was emotionally a devastating experience. We were right, but neither they nor their leaders would ever admit that we were the true Americans and they were what this nation should be ashamed of.

protesting is a right of the citizen, however, rallying with weapons and vandalizing the building are not!

Sex is part of the hierarchy of human needs.

• Frank

And, your question is?