Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

So who do you believe Dr Ben Carson or Politico?

Politico has already changed it's story!

Ben Carson WAS told that he would be helped to get an Appointment if he wanted to enter West Point.

@PoBoy, There are no scholarships as this is how Dr Carson might have exaggerated, but he was told that with his high test scores he would easily qualify and would get a recommendation for admission if he decided to go to West Point. PROOF IS HE WENT TO YALE! Admission to Yale, Harvard, Stanford or Princeton are synonymous and virtually interchangeable. So with his activity as the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit he was basically a shoe in for the appointment if he really wanted it!

@Kilshore, With his high test scores and ROTC activity he was told that he would receive an appointment if he wanted one. This isn't Bill Clinton or Barack Obama we're talking about. He tested high enough to get into Yale!

@ mommanuke, You don't believe politicians? Who are you kidding? You're a Liberal! That means you believe in the Government Party!

Ben Carson isn't a politician! If he wins the election then he will become an unadulterated politician as a first time politician who would have went straight to the top without dirtying his hands! He's a good man and I know he would surround himself with the best advisors who he would definitely listen to!

@Godless Gazoo, Do you actually want a Sharia loving President? He made a point! He wasn't talking about someone like Dr Zuhdi Jasser.

So your the Top ROTC Student in a large Metropolitan area, you have the attention of General Westmoreland, your grades and testing are that to where you eventually go to Yale and graduate with Top Honors. Now that's impressive! And to top it off you're told you would be sponsored if would like to receive an appointment to West Point, now whose to question that especially if that's just a small part of your so many accomplishments? I'd love to just have one of those many things to have happened!

@ Gary F, Oh yes he lied like when he told the world that he grew up in the inner city of Detroit and studied hard and went to Yale and worked his tail off to become one of the preeminent neurosurgeons in the world given he was at Johns Hopkins. I guess that's just one big lie!

Favorite Answer

Politico rewrote the entire article, basically a retraction of their earlier unsubstantiated story. I would say Politico exposed their sloppy journalism and Carson won the day after being liabled by Politico.

• Phil

I believe Ben Carson. This is merely a calculated lie on the part of Politico. Every fact checker -- from Breitbart to the Wall Street Journal -- has called Politico out on this. They are a Leftwing news outlet and therefore are not on friendly terms with the facts.

I believe Carson about the West Point offer .

• PoBoy

That is not what was said. The way you just expressed it Carson was told he would be recommended, perhaps by Westmoreland. A recommendation is a far cry from an offer of admission and a scholarship [yes, WP is free].

I do not believe a word Carson says.

Carson even admitted that he lied. Carson is a liar. He never even applied to West Point

By comparison, Ben is a SAINT. I accept what he has said as the truth.

DEFINITION OF LIBERAL: showing an offensive attitude of superiority: proceeding from or characterized by exaggerated or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often in an overbearing manner.

Republican since before she was born… and PROUD of it.

Well i'd have to agree with you on this one. I'm not much of a politician, but I have to say I think it's a little funny that during this "smear campaign" on Carson, this is the worst dirt they can throw at him. I hope the guy becomes president, but that's just my opinion.

Politico is objective. Ben Carson is stuck in a land of fantasies.

~Aizen

• Gary F

Carson is toast. It is not just the West Point story - many of the major "life-lesson" episodes he has discussed in his books and public appearances appear to have left no evidence - either physical or in the memories of people were knew him at the time.

If its and buts were candy and nuts, I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler.