Terraria says my housing i invalid?

I made a world to farm the WoF and I have made housing in the underworld. All the rooms are built the same. I have 4 rooms sf of now because I jut went straight down through the jungle to get to the underworld so the only NPCs I have are the Tax Collector, Witch Doctor, Arms Dealer, and the Guide. The 4th room is invalid and I don't know why?

Update:

I had a picture but it won't let me upload it.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A room must be a certain size to be considered suitable housing. These sizes are considered suitable (this is the space inside the walls): 3 width x 10 height, 4x8, 5x7, 6x6, 7x5, 8x4, and 10x3. Make sure the background walls aren't naturally generated, you need to have placed them. Make sure the Crimson/Corruption hasn't spread too close to the room, NPC's won't move in if its too close. Make sure there's a table, chair, and light source.

If this doesn't help, you should definitely try to upload a screenshot, I found this: http://snag.gy Not too sure how this website works, but it's worth a shot.

(ps: I tried to post an answer a LONG time ago, but yahoo kept telling me it was having issues and I had to restart my pc, which is stupid.)

EDIT: If your problem still isn't solved, I'm actually watching this page so if you still need help, let me know maybe? (ps again: I'm kinda obsessed with this game, my friends call me a walking terraria wiki.)

• Robert
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Corrupt blocks, such as ebonstone or demonite, cannot exist in or next to housing. You'll want to make your house out of a different material if you wish to have NPC's move in there. In case you need to have a good security app for your smart phone, do try Leo Privacy Guard, its free available in both iTunes for iPhone, and android's PlayStore, the best security app.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.