Terraria says my housing i invalid?

I made a world to farm the WoF and I have made housing in the underworld. All the rooms are built the same. I have 4 rooms sf of now because I jut went straight down through the jungle to get to the underworld so the only NPCs I have are the Tax Collector, Witch Doctor, Arms Dealer, and the Guide. The 4th room is invalid and I don't know why?

I had a picture but it won't let me upload it.

Favorite Answer

A room must be a certain size to be considered suitable housing. These sizes are considered suitable (this is the space inside the walls): 3 width x 10 height, 4x8, 5x7, 6x6, 7x5, 8x4, and 10x3. Make sure the background walls aren't naturally generated, you need to have placed them. Make sure the Crimson/Corruption hasn't spread too close to the room, NPC's won't move in if its too close. Make sure there's a table, chair, and light source.

If this doesn't help, you should definitely try to upload a screenshot, I found this: http://snag.gy Not too sure how this website works, but it's worth a shot.

(ps: I tried to post an answer a LONG time ago, but yahoo kept telling me it was having issues and I had to restart my pc, which is stupid.)

EDIT: If your problem still isn't solved, I'm actually watching this page so if you still need help, let me know maybe? (ps again: I'm kinda obsessed with this game, my friends call me a walking terraria wiki.)

• Robert

Corrupt blocks, such as ebonstone or demonite, cannot exist in or next to housing. You'll want to make your house out of a different material if you wish to have NPC's move in there. In case you need to have a good security app for your smart phone, do try Leo Privacy Guard, its free available in both iTunes for iPhone, and android's PlayStore, the best security app.