Asians are obsessed with whites. Stockholm Syndrome? Many Asian countries were bombed by whites. I'm just wondering why they're so obsessed.?

As a black person, I'm baffled. I'm not being racist. I seriously want to know how this is even possible. How do you become obsessed with the only race of people in the world who bombed your countries and killed millions of your people?

What Stockholm Syndrome? East Asian countries were never fully colonised by Europe. As for bombed, I can count Japan and Vietnam (as part of a civil war). If two is many then that's many. Also, Thailand has never been conquered by any country. You're the one that's obsessed with Asians.

Europeans never really conquered or enslaved East Asians. They pretty much kept their civilizations and culture. They once made war with western countries but have made peace for decades now, so when it comes to East Asians, I don't understand why you would call it Stockholm syndrome. I would understand if that was an American Indian or African American who kisses white people's butt, but Asian have a whole different thing going on.

• sanity

If you are in the west or US, you might have that assumption or presumption.

But, in Asia, who would be obsessed or even give a single thought about any white?

I happen to be in China now (since 20 Oct) and all the ads I could see on youku (China's equivalent of youtube) or on tv feature only local celebrities. People don't even mention anything about western celebrities because they are unknown here and no could care.

I am from Singapore, and we (Singaporeans) don't care about whites nor do we even talk about them. The "obsession" about whites are just propaganda by those insecure whites trying to boost their own image and confidence. Otherwise, the reality is that whites are not even a topic of discussion in most parts of Asia (except, perhaps, in Philippines).

*I remember that a couple of years ago, when a Chinese celebrity opened up a Starbucks branch in Shanghai and he invited 2 celebrities (a local celebrity, Angelababy, and a white celebrity) to grace the opening ceremony. What happened was that on that day, all the fans rushed over to Angelababy while the white celebrity was like non-existent to the crowd.

• Deino

Asians are no strangers to warfare. Civil war within China alone has had death tolls that far exceed the casualties inflicted upon "Asians" by "whites." And what are whites supposed to represent anyway? Nothing new. These Asian people were always warring with each other, but even though their wars were against Asians, they didn't hate Asians for warring with them. They knew that the wars were between governments, for power, for food, for money, for pride, for whatever. Maybe white people look different, but the reasons for war are still the same. So, perhaps that subtle understanding of sameness despite different appearance, especially in our modern world that has left ancient ideals of isolationism behind, disqualifies racial hatred between Asians and Caucasians. That's my guess anyway.

I don't know if it is "obsession" but I do believe Asian culture and White culture are very similar to each other, with very similar values. I think Asians and Whites could easily live side by side and both by peaceful and productive, whereas not so much with other communities

Erm.... you're not too intelligent if that's what you think.

In the East, being "white" is seen as a sign of health and prosperity. In the West, being "tanned" is seen as a sign of health and prosperity.

It's nothing to do with race or location, but is a cultural thing.

If they are obsessed with whites then they are obsessed with mid east too because a lot of mid eastern are white.

But they mostly only like USA and Europe.

They never communicate or know anything about mid east.

They like USA because of Hollywood movies.

They like Europe because a lot of them study there and Europe is the most advanced continent in modern era.

Which Asians? Turks or Pakistanis or Persians or the people in South Korea?

You're the one who seems obsessed to be honest!

Why do black American trolls like yourself ask this type of question on a near daily basis, obsession?