Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 years ago

Are Christians ever to seek out a Fortune Teller or to play with Tarot cards?

What does the bible tell us about these things?

Update:

John Hagee: My First Demonic Encounter (James Robison / LIFE Today)

https://youtu.be/mYX96xiMiMU

Youtube thumbnail

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

no, we're not supposed to cause all that is coming from the devil

• 5 years ago

No, The Bible strongly condemns spiritism, mediums, the occult, and psychics (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13). Horoscopes, tarot cards, astrology, fortune tellers, palm readings, and séances fall into this category as well. These practices are based on the concept that there are gods, spirits, or deceased loved ones that can give advice and guidance. These “gods” or “spirits” are demons (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). The Bible gives us no reason to believe that deceased loved ones can contact us. If they were believers, they are in heaven enjoying the most wonderful place imaginable in fellowship with a loving God. If they were not believers, they are in hell, suffering the un-ending torment for rejecting God’s love and rebelling against Him.

• 5 years ago

The Bible tells us that seeking any form of supernatural help outside of God is evil, because the only other supernatural help available is from demonic forces. Logically, then, this would include things like Feng Shui, fortune tellers, tarot cards, ougi boards, "the secret" and "law of attraction" etc. etc. etc. We should be satisfied with prayer.

Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow, because "sufficient for the day are the evils thereof."

Isaiah 8:19: And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

Leviticus 20:6: “If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Acts 19:19: And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver.

2 Chronicles 33:6: ...and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Micah 5:12: And I will cut off sorceries from your hand, and you shall have no more tellers of fortunes;

1 Timothy 4:1: Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons

Ephesians 6:12: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Revelation 9:21: Nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.

• 5 years ago

were not to do those things

Leviticus 19:26

You must not eat anything with its blood. You must not participate in divination or fortune-telling.

Leviticus 19:31

Do not resort to dead spirits or inquire of spirits of divination—you will be made unclean by them; I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 20:6

I will also oppose anyone who resorts to dead spirits or spirits of divination and faithlessly follows those things. I will cut such an individual off from their people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

LOL, the bible is FULL of divination being done by people for the benefit of the good. Especially in the old testament.

However tarot cards were developed in the 1600's, WAY after the bible was written.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Thou shall not consult a teller of omens or a foreteller of events!

• Fuzzy
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Some may think this is just innocent fun, however, it is idolatry and forbidden. It opens the way for the demons and for Satan; it may cause the Christian to become disapproved.

• 5 years ago

Only if they want to be on the receiving end of God's judgment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.