Can you drive a freshwater boat (wakeboard boat) in salt water?

I have had the urge to buy a wakeboard boat recently to try to help with the soul crushing boredom of being 20 years old in northern Washington. I want a Malibu Wakesetter boat and id be primarily driving it on the Puget Sound between Bellingham and Friday Harbor and Orcas islands. Im not interested in sailboats... show more I have had the urge to buy a wakeboard boat recently to try to help with the soul crushing boredom of being 20 years old in northern Washington. I want a Malibu Wakesetter boat and id be primarily driving it on the Puget Sound between Bellingham and Friday Harbor and Orcas islands. Im not interested in sailboats and the lakes up here are so damn cold idk if I could stand to swim in them. Is there a reason I wouldnt be able to put this type of boat on saltwater? The water is like glass most of the time.