EVER BEEN IN A CAR CRASH. was drinking behind or what?

Favorite Answer

Yeah, I was in a car crash once, but no one was drinking as far as I'm aware. I was 15, and sitting in the front passenger seat, my mum was driving, my sister was in the back behind my mum and my sister's friend was in the back behind me.

We were in a Toyota Camry, and the other guy was in a big four wheel drive with a big bull bar on the front. We were going along a main road when the other guy turned in front of us and kept going, we had the right of way and were too close to slow down for the idiot anyway.

The front of our car hit the front corner bit of his car, our car was a total write off. Out of all the injuries, thankfully none were fatal, I was the only one who ended up being admitted to hospital. I had a partially fractured sternum, a fractured left clavicle, my big toe on my left foot was fractured, and my third, fourth and fifth toes on my right foot were broken. My fourth toe needed surgery, they put a K-Wire in it to straighten it up, I was in a wheelchair for near four months after that accident. Everyone else involved in the accident got bad bruises and aches and pains and such, my sister needed stitches on the top of her left foot. We all got bad seat belt burns, too.

I will never forget the sound of my mum's car hitting that other car, it was like a big, "boom!" noise

And why is this question in the "Singles & Dating" section???

Only once, when I was eighteen. My mum was driving, at the time, and some silly sod weren't bleedin' concentrating, while he was driving, and the prat whacked us straight up the bloody **** as a result of that- (silly bugger!), so it was no fault of me mum's whatsoever. That's the only smack-up I've ever been involved in though- (touch wood!), and luckily, no-one was hurt as a result of it, which, for the record, I'm bloody thankful for! With regards to whether or not he'd been drinking, prior to the smack-up: I honestly don't know, I'm afraid, so, I'm sorry to say, I honestly couldn't tell ya what was what on that particular score! Peace and love. Be lucky.

Never a car crash but I was in a bus crash on holidays, no alcohol involved bus driver pulled out car tried to pull in and it collided with the door. No major injuries just aches and pains!

• Edna

I was in a crash in the 1970's that totaled my car. The guy that hit me was drunk. I was driving on an elevated expressway one night, and the guy came flying up behind me from the other side of a slight incline in the road, and hit me in the rear. The impact knocked my down an exit ramp and onto the service road running alongside the expressway. Witnesses who were behind me told the police that the driver had passed them at a very high rate of speed and was weaving from one lane to the other. One witness told the police that he thought to himself, 'he's going to kill somebody'.

No, just slow down, drive sober, and follow the speed limit. I'm afraid to get involved in a car crash. Its fatal.

• Ace

I had a car accident in 1981 when I was 10 !!! I was in a coma for 3 months !! Alcohol wasn't a factor - speed was !

Yes I have and no drink was not involved it was because of driver was making out that was turning into the side road where we were coming out of and was not so my dad moved to turn and the BMW smash into us we were alright but dad decide to get a new car and went on with our holiday as family was expecting us ,anyway we did manage to enjoy the rest of our holiday .

Yes

• tictic

Yes

Source(s): Recovering alcoholic/addict
  • S

Inattentive driving we were rear ended by a Jeep with a big bumper he hit us bounced back and hit us again It was two lanes I was forced between hitting 5 cars my car was totaled but all five of us were okay. Bruised but nothing broken.