Young asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 5 years ago

Hey so I have a solo this year in dance (: Need good songs to dance too that go with a ballet or modern/ lyrical?

Need to be between the 50's and now ( the earlier the better ) want suggestions from ALL decades thanks ^_^

Favorite Answer

OLDIES (50s-70s)

Songs by Elvis Presley

The Coasters—Little Egypt, Charlie Brown, Yakety Yak, Along came Jones, Zing went the strings of my heart, Poison Ivy, Get an ugly girl to marry you, Searchin’, Love potion #9

Bill Haley & the Comets—Shake Rattle & Roll, Rock around the clock, See you later alligator, R-O-C-K, Skinny Minnie, Razzle Dazzle, burn that candle, staggar lee, rock the joint, ABC Boogie

Will you still love me tomorrow—The Shirelles

The Beach Boys—Fun Fun Fun, California Girls, Surfer Girl, Surfin’ USA, good vibrations, I get around, Barbara Ann, Help me Rhonda, Don’t worry baby, God only knows, When I Grow up, little deuce coupe, Kokomo, do you wanna dance, in my room

Jan & Dean—Surf City, Drag city, dead man’s curve, little old lady from Pasadena, ride the wild surf, sidewalk surfin’

Earth Angel—The Penguins

In the Still of the night—the 5 Satins

16 candles—The Crests

Chapel of Love—The Hitmakers

Silhouettes—The Rays

Smoke gets in your eyes—The Platters

Jezebel-Frankie Laine

Ain’t it a shame—Pat Boone

Venus-Shocking Blue

Spirit in the sky—Norman Greenbaum

Hitchin’ a ride—Vanity Fare

War—Edwin Starr

Draggin’ the line—Tommy James

Jungle Fever-Chakachas

Bad, bad Leroy Brown—Jim Croce

We’ll sing in the sunshine—Gale Garnett

Rocking Pneumonia & the Boogie woogie flu—Huey Piano Smith & the Clowns

That’ll be the day—Buddy Holly

Hang on sloopy—The McCoys

Summer in the city, Do you believe in magic —Lovin Spoonful

Short shorts—Royal Teens

Tossing & turning—Bobby Lewis

Palisades park—Freddy Cannon

Dizzy-Tommy Roe

Have you seen her-The Chi-Lites

Lucky man—Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Jim Dandy—LeVern Baker

I’m your puppet—James and Bobby Purify

Rock the boat—Hues Corp

Low Rider—War

Lonely boy—Paul Anka

Gimmie some lovin—Spencer Davis Group

Crystal Blue persuasion—Tommy James and the Shondells

Pink Floyd--Summer ’68, San Tropez, Lucifer Sam, Echoes, Interstellar Overdrive, One of these days,

Absolutely Curtains, Mudmen, Obscured by clouds, Dogs, Great Gig in the Sky, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun (Songs from any album before the Wall)

The Doors-People are strange, the crystal ship, LA Woman, the End, Spanish Caravan, Riders on the Storm, Waiting for the sun, Unknown Soldier, Hello I love you won't you tell me your name, Peace Frog, Love me two times, when the music's over

Lyrical/ballet/modern/contemporary

Evanescence --Lithium , Hello, Like you, Lacrymosa, Good enough, Missing, Fields of innocence, The last song I wasting on you, You, Exodus, Breathe no more, Eternal, Demise, Ascension of the spirit, Give unto me, Forgive me, lost in paradise, my heart is broken

Pink Floyd—Marooned, Terminal frost, Echoes, Interstellar Overdrive, One of these days, Run like hell

On the turning away, Absolutely Curtains, Mudmen, Obscured by clouds, Dogs, A great day for freedom, High Hopes, Great Gig in the Sky, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, wish you were here

David Hasselhoff--Until the last teardrop falls, If I could only say goodbye, These Loving eyes, A star looks down tonight, White Bird

Meatloaf—Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are, heaven can wait, Not a dry eye, Lost boys and golden girls, for crying out loud

Charlotte Church—All the little horses, unraveling, even God, Dream a dream (Elysium)

from the movie Legend--The unicorn theme, The Cottage, Darkness , The Dance, the fairies, blue room

from the movie Dracula--Love eternal, Love remembered, The storm, Lucy’s party, Mina's Photo, Love Song for a vampire by Annie Lennox

from the movie Dragonheart -World of your heart, Flight to Avalon, Draco, to the stars, main theme

from the movie Ladyhawke--main theme, She was sad at first, Phillippe describes Isabeau

from the movie the Princess Bride-- The cliffs of insanity, I will never love again, The fireswamp & rodent of unusual size, Storybook Love—Willy Deville, Florin Dance

Alborada (A dawn of many colors album)--Ode to a woman, Mountain Melody

Ceol Mor—(Celtic Passages Album)--Enchanted forest, The mountains at dawn, Sparkling river

Sarah Brightman—Symphony, Fleurs du mal, Free, Deliver me, Rain, This love, Captain Nemo, Meadowlark, How can heaven love me, Tu quieres volver, You take my breath away, Desert Rose, When Firebirds cry, Beautiful, I will be with you (duet with Paul Stanley)

Star Wars movie soundtracks--star wars, star trek, avatar, stargate

Let love live from Cirque de soliel

Set the night to music—Starship

Gravity of love, Push the limits - Enigma

Eva—Nightwish

Show me your fire truck—Backdraft

Top Gun Anthem

Hurt-Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash

Through the eyes of love—Melissa Manchester (Ice Castles theme)

Dawn’s pale light—Liquid Sky

Make the world go away-Elvis

Love you to death, somewhere in time-Kamelot

irish rain, Scarborough Fair—Leaves’ Eyes

Christina Aguilera-- I am, bound to you (burlesque)

Just the way you are—Bruno Mars

24-Jem (ultraviolet)

Impossible--Shontelle

Freshman—verve pipe

Phil Collins—In too deep, In the air tonight

Are we the waiting—Green Day

Make a memory, bed of roses—Bon Jovi

Uninvited—Alanis Morissette

Finest hour-Cindy Valentine aka Valentine Leone (Teen Witch)

Beth-Kiss

Needles and pins-Megadeth

Oh death-Jen Titus (supernatural)

Through the rain-Cinderella

Wishing you were somehow here again—Phantom of the Opera

Wish you were here, in perfect harmony-Within Temptation

Angelchild-Imperia

Scenes de ballet/Valse-Alexander Glazunov

You’re the inspiration--Chicago

When love & Hate collide—Def Leppard

The last of me-Cher

Power of goodbye, take a bow—Madonna

Into dust-Mazzy Star

Endless skies, beloved, and others—VNV Nation

Enya—From where I am, tea house moon, Pax deorum, china roses, angeles, Orinoco flow, on my way home, carribean blue, storms in Africa

The Nine Muses, Eros & Psyche—Cusco (Inner Journeys Myth & Legends album)

Ophelie-Ataraxia

The Crystal Ship, riders on the storm, unknown soldier-The Doors

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang-- doll on a music box/truly scrumptious, , lovely lonely man, hushabye mountain

Valdi Sabev---daydream, in this world

Amethystium-enchantment, break of dawn, ascension, meadowland, dream dance

Koan-unique moment (green mix), flying cities, Odysseus under the old tree, forgotten path, night flight on a sea dragon (green mix), underwater moonlight (blue mix), crying prozerpine (blue mix), hidden place (green mix), where the silence is speaking (blue mix), exempting from the spell

Entheogenic-Pagan Dream Machine, Fire horse & storm

Awolnation-Sail

Lee Blaske (Immortal Kiss of the Vampire)--last romance, beneath the blood-hot moon

Nox Arcana-lullaby, hidden horrors, magic & moonlight, night of the wolf, Pandora's Music box, crystal forest, nightmare, highland storm, the raven, vampire exorcism

Arcana-As night turns into day, lament, autumnal, gods of the winds, angel of sorrow

Winterstorm--climb the highest mountain

It's Time--Gavin Mikhail

Home-Phillip Phillips

Krypteria-Tonight, I just drowned in your eyes

Ozzy--Old LA tonight

We are the Fallen-I am only one

I saw red-Warrant

Keiko Matsui- Whisper from the Mirror, Tears of the ocean, Dream Walk, Bridge over the stars, under the northern lights, Midnight stone, Dream seeker, blue butterfly, the road, frozen lake, full moon & the shrine and many others

Yiruma-Moonlight, love me, time forgets, remember, a winter story, and many more