Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 years ago

How is Chevron gas different than Arco gas?

So i've been going to Chevron to fill up because I get the supreme gas. Its a few cents more than regular but I notice that I get way better gas milage and my car runs much better. I can feel a difference on how my car runs.

Just yesterday I went to Arco, Never been to Arco before, but I was almost on E and needed gas. Arco was close to me so I filled up. It was the shittiest gas ever. Ever since I filled up from Arco my car has been running really rough and my gas is almost on E again and I barely went anywhere with it. It's like the gas I bought it not good quality gas what so ever.

Can I ask for a refund or something? Because I could've gotten way better gas milage that would've lasted me two or three weeks at Chevron rather than 1 day at Arco. I'm so serious, I barely went anywhere and my tank is almost on E AGAIN and running rough. A full tank usually lasts me a good two weeks going all kinds of places. I get good gas milage on my car. Its just I feel like I wasted gas money going to Arco. I'm tempted to go in and ask for a refund. I'm never going back to Arco again.

Its almost like Arco gas is mostly water or something cause It did not last me. How is Chevron gas different? What do they do differently with their gas?

Best Answer

I had a similar problem, I use Mobil and had to fill with Chevron.

Backfired, and ran rough.

I have learned to put in the minimum to get me to the next station when using "other brands".

HOWEVER, it is really tough these days to stay loyal since the Gasoline Companys "Trade" product with each other to cover shortages.

The normal difference between "Blends" is how much and what they use as additives.

There is also the problem with Terminals, and unscrupulous dealers, some allow water to mix with the fuel and they can save a pretty penny by "accidentally" allowing that. If you must fuel at a "strange" company put in some Fuel Line Anti-freeze just to be sure.

You're full of it man. I've been using Arco gas almost exclusively since the days when it was called "Richfield", which was way back in the late 60's.

The ONLY time I use any other brand is when I have no choice.

Now, here's a fun fact that comes from a former high level employee of a major refiner. The gas you buy could be just about ANY brand, as dealers often buy from OTHER dealers when there's a shortage or some problem with delivery.

Also, government regulates gasoline and what additives etc are in it, so they're all pretty much the same.

You sound like one of those phony commercials on TV where they claim Their gas cleans gunk out of your engine.

• Mr.357

Where I live, all of the gasoline and diesel comes from the same refinery. Each company uses different additives. It is possible that you didn't get the premium gas. If you selected low octane, it is all on you. If you selected the premium fuel and got standard fuel, if you can prove it, you might be able to sue.

1

CHEVRON gets VERY HIGH ratings for purity! ARCO is OKAY in testing as well! Look into the TOP TIER FUELS TESTING and learn somethign about ti! BYE NOW!

• L.N.

In most markets, all the brands come from the same storage tanks at the same tank farm. The difference is in the additive package, detergents etc. that are added once it is on the tank truck.

The only difference that I notice is the price at the pump,we who live north of the US boarder are getting ripped off over and over.

• izzie

if you noticed, a fuel tanker truck go around to different stations? same stuff just some add some gimmick to say its different

• Dori

There's no noticable different. just get the same quality and you'll be fine

They all come from the same dinosaur, you are imagining.