How to survive in a "flipped" classroom?

Freshman year in college, in a math class with flipped classroom. We do all our HW on a site called mymathlab and it's so annoyingly tedious and time consuming to enter all the mathematical notation using the mymathlab interface instead of writing by hand. The class only meets once a week for one hour so it... show more Freshman year in college, in a math class with flipped classroom. We do all our HW on a site called mymathlab and it's so annoyingly tedious and time consuming to enter all the mathematical notation using the mymathlab interface instead of writing by hand. The class only meets once a week for one hour so it tends to fall under my radar when I have 3 other classes that meet multiple time a week to contend to. In class, we just drill problems in groups in some form of game so the professor is paid to do pretty much nothing except administer tests and quizzes as mmymathlab is automated and needs no human to monitor it. With this format, the professor might as well not be there and it wouldn't make much of a difference. This is supposed to be a remedial class, stuff I technically should have learned in high school, but my grade is still suffering due to my inability to keep track of mml assignments and quizzes. Any advice on how to survive this "teaching style"?
1 answer 1